Impostor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well have a look at this:
 -

This is Valvoline SAE-60 (latest SM rated product). Under normal light, it is dark amber with only a faint version of the green sheen like GC Classic. Boy was I shocked when I saw the photographic results. Also, no gummy bear smell, but Valvo-60 does have a very pleasant aroma of freshly cut pine wood. Pleasant, but nothing to develop a huffing habit over.
cheers.gif

also the green color isnt vibrant as GC. looks like that green paint we had in elementry school that dried and felt like chalk. what made you buy it in the first place? maybe a bannished elf found a new home? lol

DJ:

I had some spare time yesterday (an uncommon and dangerous thing...). Over the long term, the question about what happens when you mix oils to different weights has appeared on BITOG repetitively. I decided to do a little experiment to show (I expect) that they will stay mixed. So I went to AZ and bought two very differnt weight fluids, an ATF (usually a 20 wt fluid) and the thickest stuff I could find in the store, which happened to be the SAE 60 Valvo. I mixed equal amounts in an empty plastic Coke bottle. You can see the rest of the pics at the end of this thread. Don't worry, I haven't put any of this stuff into my car! It's really thick (of course), it pours like very heavy table syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back