Importing Food (Insects/Bugs) to USA from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what are the rules & pitfalls to importing food from Thailand? I'm looking at buying some insects & bugs from Thailand Unique. Anyone done this before? I assume the spirits would be a no, but I'm not interested in those anyway. They do seem to have the most varied selection of insects & bugs unless someone has a better source.

Thanks.

As long as it's just for personal use (and you're not trafficking in endangered species or anything like that) you can probably do whatever you want. If you were to try to sell them, I could see The Man coming down on you hard and fast...

I watched something on cable TV about the USPS. They inspect packages that come from Asia and often find insects which aren't allowed through customs. I cant remember the name of the show but maybe someone else watched it.

Should not have a problem, since that site sells DEAD bugs.

BTW, I did not see any cockroaches!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I watched something on cable TV about the USPS. They inspect packages that come from Asia and often find insects which aren't allowed through customs. I cant remember the name of the show but maybe someone else watched it.

Yeah, I wasn't able to check out the site that the OP referenced, but I was assuming that they weren't selling live animals. As long as any bugs, grubs, or whatever are dead, though, I stand by my previous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back