Important (urgent) question about coolant for Kubota B2620 diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have myself in a bit of a mess right at the moment and need info from some that are 'in the know' about Kubota diesels tractors (b2620) and coolant.

I hit 2 years and decided to drain the coolant (OE fill), and was preparing to refill with the below - and stopped immediately when I saw it is a pinkinsh-orangish-red color; not the green that came out.

Am I going to have to get the Kubota OE stuff at the dealer at this point? I thought I saw some talk about this being the brand to use, but I'm thinking I misunderstood.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Problem with Peak Final Charge is they only sell a 50/50 mix,

Zerex G-05 comes in 50/50, and full strength, so you can mix up to 70% antifreeze / 30 water...

Use the peak final charge if you only drained once
If you did flushes with water I would look for something concentrated. Keep in kind if you only drained once you probably only drained about half of capacity and if you add this 50/50 final charge you maintain the proper ratio of water and coolant which is 50/50 all is good. If you add this 50/50 to to a flushed system the ratio of coolant will be off. But this peak final charge will be great for your kubota. Just do another drain and fill with same stuff later on after coolant has had time to mix to get more of older stuff out.

Originally Posted by Snowball
Use the peak final charge if you only drained once
If you did flushes with water I would look for something concentrated. Keep in kind if you only drained once you probably only drained about half of capacity and if you add this 50/50 final charge you maintain the proper ratio of water and coolant which is 50/50 all is good. If you add this 50/50 to to a flushed system the ratio of coolant will be off. But this peak final charge will be great for your kubota. Just do another drain and fill with same stuff later on after coolant has had time to mix to get more of older stuff out.

good things to think about. Thank you. I was really taken back by the color difference lol. I've only drained, I did pour some distilled into the radiator cap opening until it ran clear. I think I will most likely get another gallon in a couple of weeks and afterwards check the concentration. This might sound a bit newb-ish but does this engine have a thermostat like a normal car? This little diesel is so different in some ways.

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
Problem with Peak Final Charge is they only sell a 50/50 mix,

Zerex G-05 comes in 50/50, and full strength, so you can mix up to 70% antifreeze / 30 water...

thank you for this info!!

Originally Posted by DirtyApe
Kubota diesels tractors (b2620) and coolant.

I hit 2 years and decided to drain the coolant (OE fill),

???
What made you think that factory Kubota coolant needed to come out after only two years?

Preface by saying, AF color is a very unreliable indicator of chemistry and AF type. Peak Final Charge seems to be a highly regarded AF here (this subforum), especially for Diesel use. I wouldn't let color alone dissuade me from using it in a Kubota Diesel application just because it doesn't match the tint of Kubota AF.

You certainly should use what you feel comfortable with. If you have a question or concern regarding PFC use in Kubota application my suggestion would be to contact Peak/Old World via their contact box on their website page. I have done that several times about their different AFs and have found them to be very responsive and informative.

Kubota Coolant is a Ethylene Glycol-based phosphate coolant for Kubota Engines. Its formula consists of unique
characteristics to meet Asian vehicle application and does not contain any silicate, borate, nitrite, etc that can cause problems in the
cooling system.

The FINAL CHARGE you have is phosphate free. I do not know if this matters or not but maybe someone will chime in.

I had to get the PENTOFROST A2 coolant as that was all that was available locally.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by DirtyApe
Kubota diesels tractors (b2620) and coolant.

I hit 2 years and decided to drain the coolant (OE fill),

???
What made you think that factory Kubota coolant needed to come out after only two years?

umm the manual under maintenance..

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Preface by saying, AF color is a very unreliable indicator of chemistry and AF type. Peak Final Charge seems to be a highly regarded AF here (this subforum), especially for Diesel use. I wouldn't let color alone dissuade me from using it in a Kubota Diesel application just because it doesn't match the tint of Kubota AF.

You certainly should use what you feel comfortable with. If you have a question or concern regarding PFC use in Kubota application my suggestion would be to contact Peak/Old World via their contact box on their website page. I have done that several times about their different AFs and have found them to be very responsive and informative.

thank you for your contribution - I appreciate it.

You want to look in the specifications section of the tractor manual. Do any of the standards spec numbers on Final Charge match what Kubota specifies?

A lot of this information was covered in this thread from last year that the OP has already visited: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4794636/Ethylene_Glycol_Long_Life_Cool ...where that OP settled on Pentofrost A2 as meeting the specs. and was told NOT to use the Peak product.

I don't know why Kubota has such stringent coolant specifications: https://www.colemanequip.com/wp-content/uploads/70040-0L014.pdf ....or why they still recommend 2 year changes. "Kubota Genuine Coolant is a premium Ethylene Glycol-based phosphate coolant certified for Kubota Engines. Its formula consists of unique characteristics to meet Asian vehicle application and does not contain any silicate, borate, nitrite, etc that can cause problems in the cooling system."

In my older Kubota (now gone) I used to run John Deere Cool Gard before they switched to Cool Gard II. While G-05 is listed as o.k. for diesels, my opinion is that it is a somewhat weak diesel coolant based on the problems Ford had using it in their trucks.

My opinion is that whatever coolant you choose, if you are changing brands/types, it is very important not to mix the two different types due to possible incompatibility problems. Do multiple drain and fills with water before introducing the new product.

It looks like Kubota is using an Asian pHOAT coolant - in this case use the green/blue variant as used by Honda/Nissan/Subaru. Pentofrost A2/GC Green/Ford FL-22 and the older Nissan/Subaru fill are examples of the older green. GC Blue/Zerex Asian Blue/Subaru Super Long Life/Nissan Blue are examples of the newer blue.

Of course, you can use Zerex's red/pink Toyota equivalent or OE Toyota Red/Pink if color ain't a thing. Hino is using Toyota coolant in their trucks as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back