Immenent purchase of "06 Camry. Suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a car fit to carry our grands. The plan was to get my daughter's Corolla when she bought a new car. Marina takes care of the kids whilst the daughter is working and SIL is out to sea. Her 528e has no airbags and fitting car seat is a pain. I wanted an Le . Marina wants the heated seats and sun roof. I want the 4. I found one and looked at the carfax. It is a one owner , dealer maintained until traded in and auctioned. 133 K, which should not be a trouble for a well maintained car. Car fax states the car is over priced, but I'm sick of looking. I am gonna start low and see what happens. I regard the over price as a sort of finders fee . The guy got it at an auction that I'm not privy to.

Any used car dealer strategies?

Last edited:
Lowball by 2000 at least if you like the car.
That 2.4lt engine might be an oil burner.
How about a 1998-2000 Lexus LS400?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
The guy got it at an auction that I'm not privy to.

The only thing that matters is if you think you got a good deal. If you want to devote time to how car buying and selling works, then you will spend countless, and endless hours chasing your tail.

Originally Posted By: andyd
We need a car fit to carry our grands. The plan was to get my daughter's Corolla when she bought a new car. Marina takes care of the kids whilst the daughter is working and SIL is out to sea. Her 528e has no airbags and fitting car seat is a pain. I wanted an Le . Marina wants the heated seats and sun roof. I want the 4. I found one and looked at the carfax. It is a one owner , dealer maintained until traded in and auctioned. 133 K, which should not be a trouble for a well maintained car. Car fax states the car is over priced, but I'm sick of looking. I am gonna start low and see what happens. I regard the over price as a sort of finders fee . The guy got it at an auction that I'm not privy to.

I'm not sure why you care what he got it for at auction. You just offer a price and if it's too low for him, he won't accept, doesn't matter what he paid for it. Also not sure why you're focusing on an over priced car, it's a very common model and there's tons of them out there. Use craigslist, autotrader, cars.com and cargurus.com to find them, then punch the mileage into nadaguide.com to see where you stand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
The 05/06 were the best Camrys until the '12 models' 2.5L engine and 6 speed tranny...no oil consumption issues....

Are we talking about 2AZ-FE engines? AFAIK, they are problem.

I've been dealing with quite a few 2AZ-FE engines so far (incl. my wifey's camry).

Most of the 2AZ-FE issues (oil burning issues further down the road) are primarily doe to owner's abuse: irregular oil changes, no servicing of PCV valve until engine starts burning oil (by then it would be too late), etc.

I now have 2 higher mileage 2AZ-FE in my customer fleet: one is my wifey's which is now over 191k; the other one is around 172k, both runs perfect, passed local annual emissions inspections, etc.

Maybe some unlucky ones like LeakySeal has?

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back