"I'm Tired,let's face it I'm pooped".Alah Lili van StruppStroupp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife was trying to figure out something on her Part D medicare coverage plan but couldn't google it. After spending five hours on my 2020 plan yesterday, I told her I would find it for her. Nothing quite as frustrating as searching for a Rx plan for the formulary. They can't just put "Formulary" on the plan site. Oh no, it's buried under about six different screens and when you do find it, the word "formulary" is nowhere to be seen. Tired of playing the game, More from the Teutonic T.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Y_K
What's the hardware? Software?

Five year old Toshiba laptop. Adequate for senior with zero computer skills except turning it on and checking email.After spending an hour on telephone I was finally directed to where to find formulary. It's not the hardware/software, it's the short in my 83 year old headset. I have a DELL Optiplex with 7 and can do what I need to do with it. Using that laptop is another story.

Last edited:
As a retiree it's almost a full time job keeping track of medical insurance. It seems that the goal is to keep you as confused as possible.

Originally Posted by Bud
As a retiree it's almost a full time job keeping track of medical insurance. It seems that the goal is to keep you as confused as possible.
They have had 100% success with me Bud. Nothing simple about anything with Medicare in the name.

Originally Posted by billt460
Find yourself a good health care insurance broker. Let them deal with it.

Not a chance. They will try and sell you a new plan to collect the premium.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted by billt460
Find yourself a good health care insurance broker. Let them deal with it.

Not a chance. They will try and sell you a new plan to collect the premium.

The trick is to go to one before you buy into a plan. There are far too many to research yourself. You'll spend hours, only to end up with something less than adequate for your needs.

I signed on to my plan through a good broker who was recommended to me, before I turned 62. I've been with the same plan ever since. In another few months when my wife turns 65 she will join me on the same plan.

There is no way I would try to weed through all of that crap on my own. You'll end up paying more for a lesser plan with fewer benefits..... And wind up with a headache on top of it. We're not talking auto or homeowners insurance here.

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
This film is what 50 years old now? Hope it`s not prophetic.

Sort of, minus the food part.

Hospice + Morphine. = 1-2 week euthansia.

Surprised and shocked the heck out of me first time, then saw it again.

Something's not exactly right. Like big brother are trying to get you off the Medicare role as you get too expensive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back