I'm Still Learning, Educate Me, PLEASE?

In another post I stated that my son bought me a new head unit (BOSS BE7ACP) for my 07 F150. It has a 7" screen and I own a Samsung Galaxy phone to communicate with it. This is my first radio like this, and I am still learning.
I have the GPS settings worked out (somewhat), but I don't know how to turn on the volume to get directions from the lady in the radio.
Below is the Owner's Manual. I can't find it in there........unless I am reading over it.
:unsure: 🤷‍♂️

Is the phone being interfered with by another Bluetooth device. is the volume turned up on the phone. I'm still learning my setup 11 months into my new vehicle.

Wouldn't that volume come from your phone settings since this is a androidautocarplay headunit without built-in navigation?

Turn up the volume in the Maps app.​

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app
    Maps
  2. Tap your profile picture or initial
    Account Circle
    and then
    Settings
    Settings
    and then
    Navigation settings
    and then
    Voice level.
  3. Choose Louder.

Put in an address and as soon as you think it is trying to talk to you start hitting the up volume button on your phone. That is the easiest way I can think that may work. I have had it get turned down when I connect android auto on my work truck. There may be a way to do it otherwise but i dont know how to tell you how to do it.

Wouldn't that volume come from your phone settings since this is a androidautocarplay headunit without built-in navigation?
Also need to tap the head unit's screen or the phone's screen, then select the "speaker". It should give 2-3 options - mute, normal output, and alerts only:

1678572532625.jpg

Back