I'm so tempted to buy this Honda Pilot just for the experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to go see it in person and give it a good look over. Mindless speculation doesn't work buying used cars.

Dealers commonly do this, paint restore, headlight restore, interior shampoo and people automatically assume that because it looks great, must be the exact same for the rest of the vehicle...,.powertrain etc. Until you had this thing up on a hoist, and or able to take a quick look with borescope at the internals of engine....you can't buy a high mileage car like this sight unseen.

Originally Posted by atikovi
It sold today. Looked pretty clean with minor scrapes and dents. Did $4,600. No thanks.

crazy2.gif

At that mileage, everything is a gamble.

Put it on a lot with 3 others in the 200 - 250k mile range. Shows what they are capable of and prince them just slightly more.

I rode in an Escape this past weekend...with 360,000 miles. When I saw it, I thought it was 36K. That car was immaculate.

Originally Posted by atikovi
of driving a 450,000 mile car.

Just wonder what I could get for it afterwards. And yes I know some of you wouldn't give $100 for it.

Crazy Ray's will give you $80 for it.

I'd not have thought that either.
Still, the thing does present really well and may well have a much younger drivetrain installed.
Still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back