I'm so tempted to buy this Honda Pilot just for the experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
of driving a 450,000 mile car.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Just wonder what I could get for it afterwards. And yes I know some of you wouldn't give $100 for it.

What's the asking price? Nadaguide just says to knock off about $2500 for the high mileage, but it's got to be more than that.

That actually looks REALLY good for 450k miles.

Even the headlights are clean and clear, and that paint looks excellent. Those are actually very reliable cars, but that one has clearly been well taken care of.

It does look clean. I'm assuming it's been a non rust-belter it's whole life. Does it have AWD?

If you want it, buy it. It looks well taken care of in the picture. Your total financial exposure is just $3000. If it blew up 500 miles from now, bummer, but hopefully that doesn't wreck you. But let's say you put 50K trouble free miles on it. That's inexpensive transportation, and likely reliable too.

Scott

Originally Posted by JTK
It does look clean. I'm assuming it's been a non rust-belter it's whole life. Does it have AWD?

One owner PA car. AWD EX-L.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
If you want it, buy it. It looks well taken care of in the picture. Your total financial exposure is just $3000. If it blew up 500 miles from now, bummer, but hopefully that doesn't wreck you. But let's say you put 50K trouble free miles on it. That's inexpensive transportation, and likely reliable too.

Scott

He flips cars, 50k miles not happening.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Going at auction. Guessing in the $3000 range.

It's probably not worth too much more at retail. Nadaguide gives you the same price at 250k vs 450k which says anywhere from 6-10k depending on condition. If you knock a few more thousand off and you have to fix a few things to make a sale, there might not be much profit in it.

The picture was taken during "a Golden Hour". Those are the 60-90 minute time slots during Sunrise and Sunset.

I'd love to see that vehicle in harsh lighting.

Very small market it seems of people who could very well loose the entire sum of the likely $2500-$3500 instantly on a major repair. The Pilot is beyond design life in mileage.

Clearly a dealer had no luck with this on its lot given the stupid window sticker SHARP.

Well, you know it's not a lemon if it made it that far.
lol.gif
It does look to be in good shape, I'm betting the miles are 95% highway anyway. It would require a closer look to be sure, but for $2500-$3000 it looks better condition-wise than many of the $2500 cars around here that are for sale.

It would depend on whether you live in a state where a safety inspection and perhaps tailpipe emissions test need to be performed in order to drive it on the road.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
It would depend on whether you live in a state where a safety inspection and perhaps tailpipe emissions test need to be performed in order to drive it on the road.

Not necessarily. Just because it is high mileage doesn't mean it is worn out if it was taken care of and the mileage is easy miles like highway. I bet if you did a compression test on an engine with 450k highway miles and 10k oil changes it would be very similar or maybe even better than an engine that has low miles but has been neglected.

I have a tough time believing it'd get $3k at auction, but having never been there, I could well be wrong.

Looks clean--looks way better than any of my vehicles, that's for sure. Makes me wonder if something is amiss, like cluster swap or bad vehicle speed sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back