I'm so confused....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new member from North Carolina and drive a 2001 F-250 CC 5.4 with 67k. I've spent the past week reading every post on this board and have decided that I am going to switch to Mobile 1. The book says 5w-20. Should I go with 5w-30 or 10w-30 M1. Most driving is combination city/hwy. We do pull a 3500 fish boat when we can-mostly in the summer. Switching viscosity from Summer to Winter is also an option if advised. Thanks for the help-this is a great resource!

Surprised you didn't read one of Patman's posts claimng not to use the inferior Mobil 1 because it's too thin and doesn't fight corosion.
lol.gif
Just kidding Patman.
cheers.gif

Without a doubt, go with Mobil 1 10w-30 all year round. It's there best grade other then Delvac 1 which is for a diesel. Mobil 1 0w-20 is good too but not needed and I wouldn't use it for pulling.

carter1,

mulepacker beat me to this but I MEANT to do it:
welcome.gif

Buster's recommendation is certainly reasonable, but if this were my vehicle, given the owner's manual recommendation, I'd use M1 0W20 from Oct - March and M1 5W30 or 10W30 from Apr - Sep. While I believe the XW20 recommendation is CAFE driven, I still believe this is your best combination.

[ September 30, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Thanks for the help guys! Do you think I will be safe changing at 5000. I've changed oil and filter every 2500 miles for so long that this is making me feel guilty already.

quote:

Do you think I will be safe changing at 5000.

Absolutely, and to be fair, Amsoil, German Castrol and Schaeffer's are all excellent oils to if you have them in your area to purchase.
cheers.gif

welcome.gif
I would say use Mobil1 5w30 for the coldest winter months (December through February here in KY) and then Mobil1 10w30 for the rest of the year. 5,000 mile intervals should be fine for this oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back