I'm pretty sure GC is here to stay..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
......since Castrol on their US site has changed the specifications of their listed Syntec 0W-30 to the GC specifications. So that would indicate that the GC is replacing the yellow stuff for good here.

BTW, anyone found a good place to buy the Belgium made Syntec 5W40??

Is there any place to get the specs on these two oils??

I just inventoried my shed, 8 cases left after I hook up my buddy who got a new R32 with one. I have the BC too. It is $5 at a local Speed Shop. Don't waste your time, GC is better although BC is doing well with no leaks consumption in a 18 year-old 185k I-5 Audi engine, a classic car that I own.

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
I just inventoried my shed, 8 cases left after I hook up my buddy who got a new R32 with one. I have the BC too. It is $5 at a local Speed Shop. Don't waste your time, GC is better although BC is doing well with no leaks consumption in a 18 year-old 185k I-5 Audi engine, a classic car that I own.

Holy s#i! ... how did he get a hold of a new R32 ... Care to disclose what he had to pay for it ... I gave up looking and bought a new Corvette .......

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:

quote:

Holy s#i! ... how did he get a hold of a new R32 ... Care to disclose what he had to pay for it ... I gave up looking and bought a new Corvette .......

I'd take the Corvette (C5 or C6) over the R32...think of the C5-R in the American LeMans series....mmmmmmm

My local dealer has a blue R32 on the show floor. I forgot how much it was, but I don't think there was a markup on it. It is AWD, however.

AWD is a necessity here, I drive a quattro Avant. If they sold a slow diesel Golf with AWD, I'd drive it. Price is no object for my friend, if there was a mark-up, he paid it. $30,000+ for a Golf. My problem with high-end cars is that the doors will ding and dent, the wheel bearings will wear out, window regulators die...all at the same rate a a base model car. ($15,500) I would rather put the money into the next-generation car and own 2 for the price of 1. R32 kicks AZZ though.
tongue.gif

The thing about the R32 is the fact that it is already fast the way it comes, but can be easily upgraded to serious performance.
Anyway, got a new 04 Corvette sitting in the garage now, so there will be no R32 in my future. Inr egards to quality. I had 2 C4s before and they were not any worse that the C5 I have now. Window on the passenger side fits poorly into the t-top seal. Need already adjustmetn from the factory.

quote:

quote:

think of the C5-R in the American LeMans series

I think of the RS6s ...up in the front of the race.

PS my mystery Audi is a Coupe GT.
grin.gif

The Team Audi RS6 competes in the Speed World Challenge GT class. The Audi R8 competes in the LMP900 class in the ALMS. The Corvette C5R is in the GTS class in the ALMS.

The CTS-V currently has the point standing right now in the Speed Challenge, with 34 pts, versus the RS6 with 26. Also, the two CTS-V took winnings at the 12 hours of Sebring, with the RS6 in third.

The RS6 is a nice car...such a nice car.

Yeah!! the RS6 is nice ....... and over $80 grand !! I paid jsut over $40K for my brand new C5 coupe, so half the price of an RS6 and about the same peformance.

quote:

Originally posted by ChrisW:

quote:

quote:

think of the C5-R in the American LeMans series

I think of the RS6s ...up in the front of the race.

PS my mystery Audi is a Coupe GT.
grin.gif

The Team Audi RS6 competes in the Speed World Challenge GT class. The Audi R8 competes in the LMP900 class in the ALMS. The Corvette C5R is in the GTS class in the ALMS.

The CTS-V currently has the point standing right now in the Speed Challenge, with 34 pts, versus the RS6 with 26. Also, the two CTS-V took winnings at the 12 hours of Sebring, with the RS6 in third.

The RS6 is a nice car...such a nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back