I'm now Super Ron!

After reading more about synthetic oil here and the many positive comments on Supertech I joined the club. Super tech 5-30 high mileage synthetic for my f-250. I won't change the oil for a little bit but with winter coming I decided a thinner synthetic oil would be better. The Supertech all mileage oil was four bucks a gallon more so I passed on it. Plus I change my oil so often.
I spent a few bucks and got shipping free from Wallyworld. I am also considering adding ATP-205 For the leaking rear seal.
A funny thing is how oil manufacturers have slightly different names for what almost seems like the same oil. Havoline does this. Just look at various oil on the Wallyworld website and it's apparent.

I live up north and have no AC, so 90 is really hot for me right now. Yeah, I plan ahead on oil changes. It snows and is cold where I live in the winter. Plenty of ice and snow shoveling. I remind my kids about how they would never see snow, as we shovel three feet deep of it.
The AZ weather people here say the same thing every year since I was a kid when it gets hot here. Like it's the end of the world. I do hope we have a decent monsoon season. Years ago I worked in construction. One day it was 122. Else than a little brain damage, I am ok.

After reading more about synthetic oil here and the many positive comments on Supertech I joined the club. Super tech 5-30 high mileage synthetic for my f-250. I won't change the oil for a little bit but with winter coming I decided a thinner synthetic oil would be better. The Supertech all mileage oil was four bucks a gallon more so I passed on it. Plus I change my oil so often.
I spent a few bucks and got shipping free from Wallyworld. I am also considering adding ATP-205 For the leaking rear seal.
A funny thing is how oil manufacturers have slightly different names for what almost seems like the same oil. Havoline does this. Just look at various oil on the Wallyworld website and it's apparent.
Let me get this straight...
It's June 20 and winter is coming...
You decided to run a thinner synthetic oil for winter, even though you "change oil so often"...
Supertech all mileage oil is $4 per gallon...
Motor oil on the Walmart website "seems like the same oil" and "it's apparent"...
I think that is quite enough.

I live up north and have no AC, so 90 is really hot for me right now. Yeah, I plan ahead on oil changes. It snows and is cold where I live in the winter. Plenty of ice and snow shoveling. I remind my kids about how they would never see snow, as we shovel three feet deep of it.
The AZ weather people here say the same thing every year since I was a kid when it gets hot here. Like it's the end of the world. I do hope we have a decent monsoon season. Years ago I worked in construction. One day it was 122. Else than a little brain damage, I am ok.
In vicinity of Flagstaff?

Wow, Y
Let me get this straight...
It's June 20 and winter is coming...
You decided to run a thinner synthetic oil for winter, even though you "change oil so often"...
Supertech all mileage oil is $4 per gallon...
Motor oil on the Walmart website "seems like the same oil" and "it's apparent"...
I think that is quite enough.
Wow, you're a fun person. Yes, I change my oil every six months and that means I usually have a few thousand miles on it. I've decided to use thinner oil that will flow easier in the winter. For a buck more than that all mileage oil I can buy M1. and my truck goes through oil. We all do what we feel is best.

West of. I have several months where I have to scrape ice off my windshield each morning and the parking lot is slick. Snow melts and freezes at night. If my van hasn't been driven much it turns over slow and barely starts and once in a while I get engine clatter at startup. I feel sorry for my vehicle's engines since they barely get warmed up with the few miles I drive. Once a week I go for a long drive just to let my vehicles get warmed up properly. I figure all of this is hard on the engines. So I tend to change my oil more than most people.
In vicinity of Flagstaff?

Wow, you're a fun person. Yes, I change my oil every six months and that means I usually have a few thousand miles on it. I've decided to use thinner oil that will flow easier in the winter. For a buck more than that all mileage oil I can buy M1. and my truck goes through oil. We all do what we feel is best.
Wow, a sarcastic personal statement. You know nothing about me.
My quote about Supertech all mileage is $4 a gallon, that was incorrect. You said $4 more per gallon and I misread your statement. And this new information about you change your oil every 6 months, your current fill will last into December and "winter is coming" I understand better LOL. Yes, do what you feel is best and have an awesome day.

Back