I'm no fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather spend my time on my car or my truck than with people`
grin.gif

I don't like going out much except to parts stores and truck pulls.
I find most people to be freakishly lacking common sense and are hard to be around.
I don't like the drama Facebook brings, I could do without the cold careless nature of people...so I just don't do it

Originally Posted By: DrDusty86
I would rather spend my time on my car or my truck than with people`
grin.gif

I don't like going out much except to parts stores and truck pulls.
I find most people to be freakishly lacking common sense and are hard to be around.
I don't like the drama Facebook brings, I could do without the cold careless nature of people...so I just don't do it

I'm with you on that, BUT.....staying isolated is infinitely worse/unhealthy than getting out and doing stuff/interacting with people. lately, I've found it invigorating to try and meet people who are completely opposite of me. Hanging out with people like me is no fun at all!

Drew.. I know interacting is healthy but it just KILLS me to be around the type of people I mentioned.. In the city..that's all I see. In the country..Heck yea I have a GREAT time. People are more down to earth in the country I guess.

Don't know if you are still monitoring this thread or not, but what things interest you? I've lived here in Charleston for 28 years. If you like beaches, we have a few. If you like history, historical sites/buildings etc..., We have all you can stand. Downtown is probably the nicest antebellum city in the south; Savannah a close second. If you like to eat, we have some outstanding resturants, especially for a city this size. If you are younger and would like to check out the ladies, ride down to Marion Square in downtown Charleston any afternoon while the College of Charleston is in session. If the weather is nice, you will be amazed at all the sporty looking young women you will find. Good luck with your job interview.

Hi Chastn,

Still following the thread and still in Charleston until tomorrow.

So far, I have really liked the city. I really like the drivers who are very patient with an out-of-towner who has trouble figuring out where he is going
crazy.gif

Def lots of attractive ladies here too!

Good to hear you are enjoying your stay. The weather has been great the last few days up until this afternoon with the rain. It's not usually this warm in January. Winter season is mild here, but the summers are brutal.
Yeah, downtown Charleston is very confusing for a newcomer and even us old timers. Folks here will give out of state tags a wide berth down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back