I'm never buying oil again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a tip from an A-Zoner to check-in today early and I hit the jackpot. No GC, but 26 Mobil 1 15w-50, 7 Mobil 1 0w-20, 9 QS Full Synth (A3) 5w-50 all for $1 each. That is about $210 worth of oil for $42! I actually can't use all of it in the present configurtation, so I had to "adjust" my inventory at the local Target 15w-50>5w-30 and at Pep Boys 15w-50>10w-30SM>$$$ returned at WalMart. I got a bunch of (17) 0w-30 Mobil 1 the other week and still have to aquire some 0w-40 for winter mixing. The Havoline 5w-30 synth I bought will get mixed with Delo for a summer oil for other peoples' cars. I have the 30/50 weight Mobil 1 to mix for summer in my car. I STILL need to dump the Mobil 0w-20 somewhere easy like Pep Boys because they still stock it....unless a BitOGer wants it. I will find a use for the 5w-50 QS Synth. A LOT of oil, really cheap, even free after returning some to WM. LOL, I buy enough full price that I don't feel bad. I am actually putting my GC on ice for when I get a new car, why not?

You need to change your slogan to;

Smart is as smart does.
grin.gif

I figure I have enough oil for at least 3 years, probably 4 years, after my recent shopping spree at AutoZone.

The only bad part is that it is all Mobil1, and some of it is SJ 0w-30. I have never used any Mobil1 products, so this should be interesting.

I must have 20 gallons of Shell Rotella synthetic 5w-40 in the garage, and about 5 gallons of Delvac 1300 as well. On the last trip to a different WalMart, where I only intended to see what was in stock, I walked out with 17 quarts of Mobil 1 Truck and SUV and a hole in my wallet of about $80. (It is the only time I ever saw T & SUV on the shelf in any quantity).

I think we need to start a support group, Oilaholics Anonymous. I suspect if our DNA's were checked, we would find genetic similarities to pack rats and other gathering/hoarding creatures.
pat.gif

I have 17 qts of GC and 15 qts of Free Durablend (Had my parents and sister cash in on the "5 qt free" ebay deal
wink.gif
). I will not stock more than ~30 qts, because I figure something better will come along by the time I use up this oil.
smile.gif

I'm in the same boat!
cheers.gif
This week I've hit 5 Autozones and picked up-

27 quarts of German Castrol @ $4 ea.
18 quarts of Havoline syn. @ $1 ea.
102 quarts of Mobil-1 0w-30/40 @ $1 ea.

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:
I'm in the same boat!
cheers.gif
This week I've hit 5 Autozones and picked up-

27 quarts of German Castrol @ $4 ea.
18 quarts of Havoline syn. @ $1 ea.
102 quarts of Mobil-1 0w-30/40 @ $1 ea.

All I can say is "wow".
worshippy.gif

What's the deal? Is AZ just getting lazy or going out of business? $1 a quart for M1????????????
Audi Junkie....I know how you got the good deal at AZ...it was that cute girl you mentioned earlier!!!!
cheers.gif

Nothing for sale at our Autozone, even the Castrol is back up to $5+ a quart, and they even dug up some very old yellow label 0w30 to put on the shelf.
rolleyes.gif

No new new M1 either.
dunno.gif

GLX, you made a killing on the Mobil 1. I had to work for mine, I had to exchange 20q of 50 for 5w-30 got a lot of 0w-30 but have to buy the 0w-40 to mix it into a 12cSt winter oil. It should work for you, use up the cheap stuff first, it will go faster and you will still have the GC for a "special" (turbo?) application. The plain W Mobil 1 should be a good mix for summer. Do you have a V6 or VR6? I have a V6 30v that I went 6 months/11k on GC with little consumption. We should all be thankfull. I guess GC has put a dent in sponsor's sales amd now we are getting cast-off Mobil 1 for $1/q. Not great for them. This AZ tip was from a dude...kinda cute though.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
spaz.gif

I have the 30v as well. I will use the 0w-40 this summer and use the GC in the winter. I can put the 30w in my wife's Honda. Other than a little Delvac 1300 or Delo 400 I probably won't buy any more oil. My problem now is I really want to try the Mobil T&SUV. Anyone want to do a little horse tradin?

Yeah, I'll trade you some 0w-20 for some 0w-40.
tongue.gif
I have a case of 5w-40 here for summer, mix of 5w-30, 15w-50 for fall and a mix of 0w-30/0w-40 for winter. Actually, I'll do a GC for some 0w-40 trade.
cool.gif

Thanks Audi for the offer, but two 20's just don't add up to a 40!
wink.gif
I want to use the GC in my car right now but I think it might be a little thin for the summer where I live. I don't like the idea of switching back and forth between Mobil and GC though. I'll decide what to do after we hear Terry's report on GC.

GLX,

I ran the Amsoil 0w-30 in my 1.8L, 225 Hp Audi TT all last summer; changed it after 10,000 very hard miles and it did just fine. I'd have no reservations about running an the GC 0w-30 in the 30 valve V-6 in the summertime....

FWIW, I think $1.00/quart for the Mobil 1 0w-30/0w-40 is a fair price ...
wink.gif

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back