I'm looking for a wheel cover for the Camry

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I am looking for a small wheel cover, some may call it a hub cap, that will fit over the center section of the Camry's steel wheel, covering an area as shown by the yellow overlay in the image below. I'm open to suggestions ... I'd even consider a cap a bit wider.

1674198070778.jpeg

You'd probably have to change to GM style lug nuts with external threads and find a hub cap with little plastic lug nuts that fits.

Camry bolt circle is 114.3 while many GM are 115, but I bet you could cram it on there.

I've gone down this road before. I like the idea of the quirky look of "dog dish" hubcaps on a modern car. I've never succeeded in finding a good source. It can also be very hard to tell if what you find will even fit your vehicle.

I've gone down this road too. If you buy steel wheels (for winter tires, etc), typically there is no obvious hubcap solution to keep the salt and slush away from your lugnuts and the axle nut. The plastic hubcaps from the parts store are generic and are heavily dished and do almost nothing to keep that area clean.

Something has to hold them in there, either the lug nuts or friction. Remember old steel wheels had the bumps on the outside of the raised ring around the wheel mounting surface that hub caps would snap on to. If there wasn't a factory hub cap for that wheel you're probably SOL. Get some beauty rings and chrome lug nuts and send it. 🤘

Street rods and 50’s classics have a chrome cover that has a cone in the middle. It might look odd on a Camry, though. There’s always a Ford Ranger center cap, a various Jeep caps as well.

Cop car Camry? The closest use I can think for this would be NYC, they use a lot of Camry taxis but they all have full wheel covers or alloys.

Cop car Camry? The closest use I can think for this would be NYC, they use a lot of Camry taxis but they all have full wheel covers or alloys.
That would be perfect. It was the wheel covers on the Ford cop cars that gave me the idea. AFAIK, Toyota didn't use steel wheels on their cop cars.

1674341156433.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn't look like there is an off the shelf solution but if you are good with CAD and a 3D printer, you might be onto something.

Those caps are just about perfect! Thanks! Do you know the year of this Camry? I'm thinking early 80s.
It’s from the first generation Camry, 82 to 86 iirc

It’s not going to work anyway, as mentioned earlier, the steel wheels are made for having something attached.

Just curious how will you attach a hubcap to a steel wheel that wasn't made for it?

Exactly, those alloy hub cap/lug nut covers were specific to the alloy wheel. If OP wants the steelie look with the chrome hub caps, he might have to upgrade to the BITOG favorite Crown Vic.

Back