I'm looking at another car 😱

Toyota makes better cars, and a 193k Camry could still be as good as or better than a Fusion with 36k

Now of course, the 3MZ is interference and has a timing belt, plus getting to the back of the engine is impossible, so if your car is leaking oil and needs valve cover gaskets, or if it's time to change the spark plugs, keep that in mind)

If you're going to get a Ford, you might as well get a C-Max (which borrowed hybrid tech from Toyota)

Why don't you like the beige leather? It's better than a boring black interior, and the leather makes it easy to wipe clean :)

Id take that Fusion too in this case

that Fusion is a Mazda6 undercover

If you know how to treat and how to drive a car, it will last you a long time IMO

If you could get that particular fusion for under $6K, that would be a bargain in today's market IMO.

They do seem to be quite durable for a domestic product. Didn't Ford design and market the Fusion back in the day to compete with the Camry?

The only thing that scares me about such a low mileage for it's age vehicle is it sat a lot. A vehicle that sits a lot could have rodent damage to wiring, etc.

So that's not one of the water pump in the timing cover jobs?

Wish I could find a list of all Ford vehicles/engines with that flaw. Hint hint...

You don't need High Octane gas for that Camry.
The V6 Toyota engine has been proven to be very strong.
I would lean towards keeping the Camry.

I have a friend with a Fusion at around 102K miles, the car broke down.
It needs 3 sensors and $1500 later.

190K miles Camry is barely broken in.
Even if it needs a new transmission, it is not that expensive.

same 3.3l and 5 speed in our 2005 sienna. No premium fuel was ever required for that engine. keep the toyota.

Unless the Camry has issues I'd probably keep it and my $5500 and go car shopping when the recession really starts popping off.

Apparently I'm the only one that ever read the manual on a 3MZ vehicle?
10.8:1 compression isn't in the realm of needing higher octane?
Screenshot_20221014-150126~2.jpg

It doesn't strictly need premium, but I have definitely noticed more pinging and reduced power on regular?
AFAIK this "improved performance" disclaimer is in every owners manual of a 3MZ Highlander/Sienna/RX/ES

Either that or I've wasted a lot of money over the past 7 years 😦

Apparently I'm the only one that ever read the manual on a 3MZ vehicle?
10.8:1 compression isn't in the realm of needing higher octane?
View attachment 121099
It doesn't strictly need premium, but I have definitely noticed more pinging and reduced power on regular?
AFAIK this "improved performance" disclaimer is in every owners manual of a 3MZ Highlander/Sienna/RX/ES

Either that or I've wasted a lot of money over the past 7 years 😦
If you notice pinging with regular fuel, then premium wasn't a waste of money. Especially if you 'put the pedal down' frequently. That said, it probably has a knock sensor which would prevent the pinging from becoming a serious mechanical issue.
I ran regular gas in a 'premium recommended' supercharged 3800 Olds 98 for 120,000 miles, but I rarely floored it. When I did, it would ping lightly for a split second before the knock sensor pulled timing.

My daughter has a 2010 fusion se same drive train combo as the one your looking at.
She has 150k on it , has been very reliable, brakes ,battery, A/C sensor that's about it .
starting to show some rust on the rockers !
engine and trans has been dead reliable.

My daughter has a 2010 fusion se same drive train combo as the one your looking at.
She has 150k on it , has been very reliable, brakes ,battery, A/C sensor that's about it .
starting to show some rust on the rockers !
engine and trans has been dead reliable.
I know they really like to rust out on the rockers/dog leg
This one seems pretty good (not perfect)
But if I Krown or Cavity wax the good parts, wire brush and paint the surface rust, I think it'll hold up pretty well, there's not a rust blister to be found on the rockers/doors
Pinch weld has a tiny bit, but I think if I get ahead of it, it'll stay presentable for years to come
PXL_20221010_204433631.jpg

PXL_20221013_211417524.jpg

PXL_20221010_204436375.jpg

I'll pull those clips on the lines and spray
That's how the brake lines rotted out on my late Taurus 😳
This is another similar Fusion I happened across somewhere in Corona, this is what happens when they get real bad
PXL_20221012_152235898.jpg

PXL_20221012_152233410.jpg

The not as good side of my daily driver Camry
PXL_20221014_200805053.jpg

The Milan is in the body shop now getting fixed, so I'm paying him a little extra to cavity wax both rockers and the front subframe+ wherever he sees fit
Prevention rather than cure right 👍

Back