I'm getting fat.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Calzone were mostly a fail for me. My pizza dough was to thin, I should have made more. Also I didn't have enough mozzarella, I spaced out on that. They were edible but not great.

Some foods are best left for the professionals to make. This local to me chain has $5 calzones https://ledopizza.com/menu/calzones-stromboli/ that I can make 2 meals out off they are so big.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Calzone were mostly a fail for me. My pizza dough was to thin, I should have made more. Also I didn't have enough mozzarella, I spaced out on that. They were edible but not great.

Some foods are best left for the professionals to make. This local to me chain has $5 calzones https://ledopizza.com/menu/calzones-stromboli/ that I can make 2 meals out off they are so big.

There is no fun when someone else makes stuff. Especially when I am stuck at home with little to do ......

Originally Posted by atikovi
To me, cooking is a chore, just like cleaning. The end result is what you enjoy, not the process.

To me, there is a certain sense of accomplishment and satisfaction from making something yourself. I usually cook the stuff that I cannot buy in store. For other things that I know I cannot make better than store bought stuff, I don't bother cooking usually.

That breakfast looks delicious.
Sad to think that the restaurant business will be the last to recover from this pandemic. So many owners, managers and workers will need to find another source of income in coming months.

Last nights meal. We are just making stuff up now. I mean basically beer can chicken, but we are doing what we feel. Came out good.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

For reasons of boredom we decided to make paella on the grill. We burnt the bottom a little bit but it was still very tasty. Next time we'll turn the heat down
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I made the ribs the other night, last night I made gnocchi and this morning waffle maker hash browns. We saw the hash brown idea a while back and decided to try it.

[Linked Image]

I am walking like 8 miles a day, but a bout with steroids, twice this winter for my asthma has left me 25 extra pounds. I am trying so hard during lock down but it ain't easy brother.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Ponderosa is still around, but probably a lot less locations...

I have not seen a Ponderosa since late 80s in Chattanooga tn

Back