I'm extremely impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les

I can barely believe my eyes. I ordered some software over the internet yesterday around 11:00 a.m. from a company I have never ordered anything from. Provantage . com. I had it shipped with the basic shipping, nothing faster. FedEx just delivered it!! Less than 25 and a half hours after I ordered it. Can you beat that?

I am in shock.
shocked.gif

Les

quote:

Originally posted by Les:
I can barely believe my eyes. I ordered some software over the internet yesterday around 11:00 a.m. from a company I have never ordered anything from. Provantage . com. I had it shipped with the basic shipping, nothing faster. FedEx just delivered it!! Less than 25 and a half hours after I ordered it. Can you beat that?

I am in shock.
shocked.gif

Les

Online order service from the good places has gotten unbelievably good. Prepare to be pleasantly shocked more often in the future.

When I lived in San Jose CA I used to order things from McMaster Carr in LA, almost 400 miles away and often got them delivered in less than 24 hours by UPS Ground. One time it was just over 12 hours.

Now I live near Sacramento and sometimes get UPS ground orders in under 24 hours from places that have warehouse operations near Reno, like Summit Racing and Amazon.com.

To be on BITOG topic, I spent a couple of hours trying to find a certain Redline fluid one day, couldn't find it locally so ordered it from Summit about 4 PM. It showed up on my doorstep via Fed-X ground early the next afternoon.

I mailed a receipt for roofing repair to my insurance company yesterday, they called me this morning to tell me they were cutting a check today, I should have it tomorrow or the next day.

Crutchfield is another great one (Electronics) I ordered two speakers on Sunday Night and on Monday morning I added two more to the order. Both Orders arrived on Tuesday
shocked.gif
Free shipping-UPS.
smile.gif

Like XS650 said, rapid delivery is becoming the norm. McMaster-Carr does a fine job at this, one time (back when the economy was better) I ordered some stuff early in the morning and was shocked when our reciever brought it to me that afternoon. Mostly they get the stuff to you next day (UPS Ground, McMaster's got to be tight with UPS). I suspect that most distributors have realized that the only way they can differientiate themselves from others is through RIGHT NOW service.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick in PA:
Mostly they get the stuff to you next day (UPS Ground, McMaster's got to be tight with UPS). I suspect that most distributors have realized that the only way they can differientiate themselves from others is through RIGHT NOW service.

I was running a consulting business out of my home. Sometimes the UPS delivery would be made by a guy in an unmarked truck who wasn't wearing a UPS uniform, but it was still on a UPS form.

It sure is nice having businesses compete on the basis of good service.

You gotta love those price search engines that tell you various vendors prices including shipping and tax AND give you a customer service rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back