I'm cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in TN this morning working and stopped at an old M03/4 AZ source. Low and behold they had a quart of M03. I looked at couple of more bottles and they were M05.... I started to go through their whole inventory (which was resonably large) but something came over me. SANITY. It was glorious. I put the 2 qts of M05 and the single qt of M03 back and walk out of the store completely liberated.

"some alcoholic's call it a moment of clarity" -Samual Jackson: Pulp Fiction.

Ah, Glory.

No, you can't hit rock bottom with 100 qts of GC in your garage. I think it was devine intervention. But I'm not going to start wandering the Earth like Kung Fu.

Those three quarts are still haunting you though, they beckon you to return to Autozone and purchase them
wink.gif

'Guess I'm not cured yet. I've got a couple grand worth of my Marine Corps uniforms, 3/4 of my personal library, some computer equipment, a Bowflex machine, and a Nordictrack all stranded in my room in New Orleans (I was on leave when the evac order was issued, so took almost nothing). None of that really bothers me. What really bugs me (apart, of course, from the misery that so many are suffering) is that half of my stash of green is stuck over there. The uniforms and books will rot before I get to them. The computer stuff will corrode and fail. My exercise equipment will be converted to large lumps of rust. So what. . . Anyone out there know how bottled oil will hold up to 3-4 months of post-hurricane 100% damp storage??? BTW, I am sufficiently compulsive that I carefully tighten the cap on each new addition to the collection. . .

Most definitely not cured.

edpolk,

I'm VERY sorry to hear about your loss. Especailly the uniforms, I'd be sick if mine went that way even though I'm not active duty anymore. Semper Fi

You are not cured. You are sick. You are very very sick. How could a sane person turn down some GC. You should be hospitalized. You are obviouly suffering from nervous exaustion.

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:
You are not cured. You are sick. You are very very sick. How could a sane person turn down some GC. You should be hospitalized. You are obviouly suffering from nervous exaustion.

Thou art speaking to fearless leader GW Bush???

Just curious.

quote:

Originally posted by EmbarkChief:
edpolk,

I'm VERY sorry to hear about your loss. Especailly the uniforms, I'd be sick if mine went that way even though I'm not active duty anymore. Semper Fi

Thanks. Yes, it it a little rough, but as you know, we don't need a uniform to be a Marine. The ones I need will be replaced. S/F.

quote:

Originally posted by obbop:

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:

Thou art speaking to fearless leader GW Bush???

Just curious.

lol.gif

You mean fearful leader Bush.

No, I've got enough to take me to the next level of engine lubrication science- which will hopefully be better than GC.

Congrats on your "breakthrough", slickfisher! I think that you will now enjoy having your vehicle serve you, instead of you serving it...

Best Wishes as you Motor Along!

I am 700 miles into my first go of GC. In a couple of weeks I must drive my son to a hockey tourney
canada.gif
just outside Boston (approx 600 miles one way). Having to get there and then back with basically no break of any substance isnt going to be fun
crushedcar.gif
but there is a silver lining....that much closer to a UOA of this initial run of GC!
grin.gif

I like GC but I am not convinced that it is a better product than M1 0W40 which has more TBN and is widely avalible.

Mobil should dye it green perhaps.

quote:

Originally posted by Alan:
I like GC but I am not convinced that it is a better product than M1 0W40 which has more TBN and is widely avalible.

I'd love to see more discussion re comparisons between GC and M1 *0W-30*. What is mind easing for some is that this M1 passes the GM specs. Isnt it comparable to GC in terms of UOAs?

quote:

Mobil should dye it green perhaps.

======================================

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:

quote:

I'd love to see more discussion re comparisons between GC and M1 *0W-30*. What is mind easing for some is that this M1 passes the GM specs. Isnt it comparable to GC in terms of UOAs?

Interesting that these two comments came back to back. I think that both M1 products are fine choices for appropriate situations, but neither compares directly to GC. The M1 0w-30 is a 10 cSt oil, and the 0w-40 is a 14 cSt product. GC slots right in between them at about 12.5 cSt. So again, while each is a good product, comparing them is a bit of an apples and oranges thing.
cheers.gif

quote:

So, what are the TBN values for Mobil and GC?

What tests?
We have to make sure that we compare apples to apples.
Castol UK gives 10.3 for SLX (D2896)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back