I’m at the end of the rabbit hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me a few weeks to get there but I did. I'm done with high end boutique products, unless they are extraordinarily good. Like wine, sometimes the $8 bottle is all you need.

I'm going with the following products for both cars:

Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine.
Hyper-Dressing for engine @ 4:1
Hyper-Dressing for wheel wells.
Meguiars Interior Cleaner (leaves no shine one)
Infinity Wax Rubber Wax for Tires (only boutique product I will be using).
Sonus Motorkote for undercarriage protection in winter and when off-roading.

For Trim I want to see how the TW does. That may be all I need. I still have Polish Angel Engine I will use up on the Subaru.

I spoke with a guy that went crazy with detailing products. He has $700 worth of Polish Angel products, many he claims don't work any better than big box store products. Some do some don't. You're often paying for the bottle, label and sometimes higher concentration of ingredients.

For a day driver and cars that I have I see no reason to use anything other than what I plan on using.

And I use rain to wash my car
smile.gif

I did put some NuFinish on the horizontal flat surfaces of the leased VW since I park under tall white pines.

But it appears to be gone after one rain storm
frown.gif

Maybe I'll try the Ice seal and shine you have listed before winter gets here.

Thanks

If the prep work is what matters the most then just finding a good compound/polish combo should count 95%. Any wax you top it with will be of limited improvement if the paint is already flawless. Dressings for trim/vinyl/rubber are optional because those surfaces will already have UV inhibitors built in.

Meguiar's or Mothers both carry something decent for each purpose and can be bought in any AutoZone or WM.

Red meat for many BITOGers.

A LSP, wheel cleaner, and tire dressing are products I feel are appropriate to spend a bit more on. Car wash, quick detailers, and all-purpose cleaners are ones where I've found no advantage over basic stuff.

I'm currently trying Polish Angel Cosmic V2 on our new X5. A little different from what I expected but so far so good, final verdict will be delivered in 4mo when any of my other LSPs would be starting to give up.

Dang, that's a lot for me still. I just use Meguiar's gold class wash, Mother's cali gold wax, their quick detail spray, and some rain-x for the glass lol.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Everything I have is from Meguiar's or Griot's with a few exceptions.

Me too... You actually helped me to start using Griot's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back