I'm an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
ordered some sway bar bushings from rockauto for my mazda5. the price was $4.10 ea. I thought, oh that's cheap, two will only be $8.20.
so I ordered two.
and that's what I got, 2 boxes of swaybar bushings with TWO in each box...
DOH!

I just 'assumed' they were priced 'each', but that's REALLY cheap, $4.10 for a PAIR of bushings!

they are so economical it won't hurt to keep the extra pair.

but I felt like an idiot anyway
smile.gif

If that's the dumbest thing you've done all day consider yourself lucky! $4.10 isn't enough to lose sleep over.

BTW, how do you like your 5? We just bought one and loving it.

I did the same thing when I bought break pads. Thought 1 set was for 1 wheel, so I bought 2 sets, exta set has been sitting there for a few years, it will be a few more years before I even need it but oh well.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
If that's the dumbest thing you've done all day consider yourself lucky! $4.10 isn't enough to lose sleep over.

BTW, how do you like your 5? We just bought one and loving it.

awesome. ours is a 5 speed sport, lots of fun to drive and biggest issue has been tires (factory toyos are terrible) and a clunk that just developed in the rear, it's 3 yrs old.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
awesome. ours is a 5 speed sport, lots of fun to drive and biggest issue has been tires (factory toyos are terrible) and a clunk that just developed in the rear, it's 3 yrs old.

Nice! We also got the sport model with the new 6-speed manual. Amazingly fun to drive and amazing people hauling utility in one car is hard to beat.

Ours came with Bridgestones that have been fine so far.

ABSOLUTELY! It would cost you TWICE that to ship the extras back to them!!!

Originally Posted By: mpvue

Nice! We also got the sport model with the new 6-speed manual. Amazingly fun to drive and amazing people hauling utility in one car is hard to beat.

Ours came with Bridgestones that have been fine so far.

mine could use the 6 speed; the little 2.3 is spinning pretty good on the hwy, up over 3K.

I bought my daughter 2 packages of kneepads for volleyball -- because it looked like there was only 1 in the package. Luckily, I was able to return 1 "Pair" (as written on the package) back to Wal-Mart.

I just did the same thing!

I have a brake light out. The discription for a bulb on the rock auto listing says "Price reflects cost of each individual item, not the pack" so I order 2 so I can have an extra one in stock. The package shows up today with to packages of two bulbs each! Oh well, they were cheap and I'll be good for a while I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back