I'm a free man - - I retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I retired on Monday of this week, which was my last day of work. The last two days were great. I haven't missed the job at all. Now, on to the list of things to do, which is up to about 18 things. I'll have no trouble keeping busy, mainly with spending more time doing the things that I only had after work, weekends, and vacation and holidays, to spend my time on. My wife loves it also; no lunches to make for me anymore (she's made them for 38 years). And I'll be doing more cooking, especially on the 5 days every two weeks that she works. She really loves it when I cook dinner on a day that she works. I've worked part-time during the school year and full time during the summer since 1959, and full time since 1968, when I finished my schooling. I'm SICK or working and SICK of bosses.
cheers.gif

CONGRATULATIONS! For Real man.. Buy a 6 pack, relax on the sofa, You deserve it. Every hard working American does.

You did it!!! It appears you have a wonderful wife, she has a great husband and have supported each other. Keep up the great work.

Congratulations.

I'll be in the same boat next Monday if my retirement plan works ($21Mil in lottery Sat night)...otherwise, see you in 22 years.

oddball fact - most heart attacks occur in winter between 4am and 10am and an odd number of those are when folks are shoveling snow.

From an interesting job, as I see it.

Hope you and the wife will have the leisure to travel quietly, unhurriedly and reflectively. You've been reading the history, and arguing (or, at least, propitiating) points-of-view based thereon. Ought to be a good well-worked set of sharp tools to lay aside once that "memoirs" stage of easing into retirement has had its day.

Personally, I'd find a way to set and laugh at Conrad Burns (and others of his ilk) the next week or so.

Calls for a new hat: a Borsalino from PeterBrothers will carry any shape you give it. Light, unobtrusive and beautifully made.
beer.gif

Great. Another burden upon society.

/scurries away as fast as pudgy legs allow

Get a nice roast. Poke it full of holes with a fork. Cover, and rub in 1 packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix. Put in crock pot, and add one beer. Turn on low for 8 hours. Add quartered potatoes 4 hours before serving time. Enjoy your free day while "cooking"; you have 5 beers left, and some oil to change, or fish to catch, or grandkids to love, or......
boat.gif

Wow. Now you have a real purpose ...yourself ..for about the first time. Enjoy every minute of it.

cheers.gif

That sucks that you had to work Monday.
tongue.gif

Congratulations from all of us jealous working stiffs.
cheers.gif

and you can vote in less than a week! Do it at 10 am with all the blue hairs.
wink.gif

Quote:

Cha Ching! It's what we all work for (I think). Lets see, 30 some od years and counting for me....What did you retire from jmacmaster?
cheers.gif

I was an attorney for 38 years. For the last 25 years I was a staff attorney for the Montana Legislature, specializing in all aspects of the criminal justice system, civil law suit issues, administrative rules of the executive branch of the state government, civil rights, constitutional law, and of course, the legislative process.

Quote:

You've been reading the history, and arguing (or, at least, propitiating) points-of-view based thereon. Personally, I'd find a way to set and laugh at Conrad Burns (and others of his ilk) the next week or so. Calls for a new hat: a Borsalino from PeterBrothers will carry any shape you give it. Light, unobtrusive and beautifully made.
beer.gif

History is one of my passions. I took many courses in it in college and have been reading history books since high school, primarily military history since the beginning of WWI and the history of Europe and Russia. Most of my reading is still history, and biographies.

I've laughed at U.S. Senator Conrad Burns since he was first elected. He's a moron, a joke, and a disgrace to the Senate and to Montana. I hope he gets beat.

I just bought a new hat last June, a brown Bailey. Fits great. Got it on sale too. Now I've got two (not counting my 3 straw hats) and that's all I need. Although if I run across a nice tan colored one on sale I probably won't be able to resist buying it.

If Texas wasn't so far away we'd come down and visit you and we could go on a road trip around Texas, with you as a tour guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back