I'M A CONVERT - I SEE THE LIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen - Today I changed my oil in my '99 Accord with the 2.3 litre engine using '02 and '04 vintage GC green. Holy snikes! Immediately, the engine ran a lot more smoothly and quietly. I then sent my wife for a drive in the car and she reported the same. Now here's the good part: My wife actually told me to get more GC! Yes, I actually have permission to increase my oil stash! So, I'm trading in all my old oil stash for GC. Unfortuately, there's no more green left around my parts - only gold. Oh well. Thank you for making my car happy and saving my marriage. [HAIL 2 U!]

lol - that is pretty awesome Z917990. I'm still single so I better get all the oil I can. [Razz] I noticed the same thing in my engine: 2.2L Ecotec with GC Gold. Engine was a lot smoother and far more quiet. I wouldn't worry about GC Gold - it has to be just as good if not a little better. You can see my UOAs in the UOA section with GC Gold. I do have some green I want to run tho. Keep up the good work and the Elves will reward thee!

quote:
Originally posted by z917990: Oh well. Thank you for making my car happy and saving my marriage.
GC in the bedroom? [Eek!]

Every once in a while a man finds a bride Who in tribological triumph takes great pride I say to that guy treat her like a queen 'Cause not every soul mate appreciates The Green

z917990

Well, there's no more green left in my area, but I cleared out 2 Autozones of GC gold - 39 quarts @$3.97 or $4.59 a quart (one AZ did not do price matching). No complaints at all from the wife. She says it sounds like someone put pillows in the engine bay since I put in the GC.

quote:
Originally posted by GoldenRod:
quote:
Originally posted by z917990: Oh well. Thank you for making my car happy and saving my marriage.
GC in the bedroom? [Eek!]

GC, the lubricant of choice.. [Wink] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by OriginHacker21: L O L Awesome poem pscholte. Do you have a collection of these in a word document or something? You should - these are worth a lot to a GC collector [Big Grin]
TNX O..H..21...I appreciate your comments; I write these "on the fly" so I have not been documenting them "for 'posterity'." [Frown]

OK, I'm apologizing in advance.. I haven't written a poem since I was courting my wife. She supports my oil habit well, and I love her. This is in honor of all BITOG spouses that understand. german quality protection from heat and cold the elves are singing "Haiku-poems consist of respectively 5, 7 and 5 syllables in three units."

z917990

There once was a man from Nantucket, who bought GC by the bucket. He said with a grin as he poured the stuff in, "There's more GC green in Pawtucket!"

Status
Not open for further replies.