I'm a believer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I changed the oil in my wife's 2000 GTP using GC for the first time. I had a stash of 16 qts before I started, but only 11 of them were green. I decided to use the Gold on my wife's car and the green in my Formula.

I had been running M1 Truck and SUV previously and was very happy with it's performance. However, I noticed a BIG difference after changing to GC. The engine is MUCH smoother and even quieter than with the thicker T&S.

The engine quietness totally surprised me. I expected it to be louder with GC. The engine feels like it has had a tuneup!!

Like I said, I'm a believer! It was "just" Gold GC too!
wink.gif
smile.gif

I'm about to take the GC-plunge this summer also.

But don't most-all engines seem to run smoother when doing a new oil change with any higher-tier, quality oil after an extended OCI?

The biggest, most-noticeable difference I ever witnessed was going from Super Tech Synthetic to Pennzoil Platinum. The rough idle vanished immediately & the engine cold fast idle returned. No more Warren Oils for this kid...lol. I only used the Warren for one OCI (5.5K). Prior to that, I used American Castrol Syntec 5W-30.

I plan on running GC in my Colorado next. It has only seen Mobil-1 thus far. But all these threads about the Mobil-1 ups & downs on noise & consumption problems has entered my mind - so I'm going to change. Will stick to the Platinum in the S-10 for now.

Racerjk,

The Elves are excited to welcome another full-fledged member to the Elvish village. (They ARE glad that you included a wink after your "'just' gold" comment.
wink.gif
[my turn]
grin.gif
)

quote:

Originally posted by GoldenRod:
Is your wife's car a Pontiac with a 3800 Series II V6?

I'm not sure. What was the first year for it? Her car is a 2000 GTP so it has the supercharged L67 engine.

I'm tickled to death with the GC so far. I can't wait to try the Green I have in my LT1 Formula. I've been running M1 Ow40 with good results,but I'm ready to give the Green GC a shot.

I couldn't believe the engine was quieter even that with the M1 Truck and SUV 5w40 I'd been using.

I was going to hit two more Auto-Zones last weekend, but I didn' get to! One of them was where I got some green GC too!

Racerjk,

I'm exited to here about your GTP; and yes, it does have a 3800 series II V6. All L67's and L36's are the 3800 series II V6. That motor came out in 1995. I was hoping and hoping that a member with that motor would try GC; and now.... I have my wish.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GoldenRod:
Racerjk,

I'm exited to here about your GTP; and yes, it does have a 3800 series II V6. All L67's and L36's are the 3800 series II V6. That motor came out in 1995. I was hoping and hoping that a member with that motor would try GC; and now.... I have my wish.
cheers.gif

I was pretty sure it had the Series II! I remembered my mom's 2000 GT had Series II written on the engine cover after I posted.

I don't know how it will be over time, but I could tell a big difference immediately all the way around! As for now, it's all good! My wife could tell the difference immediately also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back