ILSAC GF-6 delayed passed expected 4/1/2018 date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
http://www.gf-6.com/aoap-meeting-may-2016

AOAP Meeting Notes: May 12, 2016 Detroit, MI
Highlights:

First License Date: Group consensus that the April 1, 2018 1st license date is not achievable and a new target date has not been set.
Proposed GF-6A/GF-6B Specification: ILSAC updated the proposed GF-6A and GF-6B specifications to include IIIH, IIIHA, & IIIHB but with the proposed limits expressed as IIIG, IIIGA, IIIGB limits.
NOACK Task Force: Considering multiple methods – expect to have recommendation by August meeting.

Test Updates:
Seq IIIH: Chrysler reported that they plan to manufacture IIIH engines in July.
Chain Wear: Precision Matrix is almost complete (1 remaining test).
LSPI: Precision Matrix is running and expected to complete in June.
Seq V: There were no projected timing and no resolution as to how to start a Tech Demo without a VG replacement test.
Seq VG/H: Currently running tests to qualify new fuel batch in the VG to extend test life to 4Q2016. TDTF continues to work on replacement test for GF-6.
Seq VIE: Precision Matrix complete. Surveillance Panel meet and review analysis of Precision Matrix the week of May 23.
Seq VII: Will have a new bearing batch available for matrix testing in July.
Seq IVB: Precision matrix to be complete in August.
GMOD: Test is active & Stat Report is available on GM TMC site.
The next AOAP meeting will be at June ASTM meetings in Bellevue, WA

Thank you for the info as I am doing some reading on API and other stuff
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Thank you for the info as I am doing some reading on API and other stuff
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

It's little wonder why a company like GM (who has concerns about timing chain wear and LSPI) pushed through their upgraded spec this year when the API and AOAP can't seem to get their act together. Yes they are developing something like 6 new engine tests but this is just delay after delay after delay. No wonder companies like Lubrizol, Afton and Infinium are all calling for a change in approach. It's a little ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: Solarent
It's little wonder why a company like GM (who has concerns about timing chain wear and LSPI) pushed through their upgraded spec this year when the API and AOAP can't seem to get their act together. Yes they are developing something like 6 new engine tests but this is just delay after delay after delay. No wonder companies like Lubrizol, Afton and Infinium are all calling for a change in approach. It's a little ridiculous.

100% on the same page. This is getting ridiculous indeed.

I know they are on two different timelines, but it seems like the next level of diesel specs are all sorted out...

I thought they would be harder than gasoline engine specs to finalize?

no the engine tests is where the issue is. For PC-11 there were only 3 new tests vs 7 for GF-6. PC-11 was also started earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back