Ignition coils?

I went to my visit my mechanic this morning to have him install my

NGK (4469) LFR5AIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug (8 Pack)​

When removing the first old plug the ignition coil simply broke apart. So from there I had no choice to order my own coils online so he called autozone and they delivered Duralast Ignition Coil Pack C1672-8 and everything has all be installed and driving good as gold .....for now anyways! LOL

I went through the "replace" debate on here not too long ago, and in my case a transverse V6 so the rears are not the easiest to access.

The consensus here was leave them, but if I insisted to buy either Motorcraft or alternatively buy Densos, which were probably the OEM supplier.

In the end, I put new boots on my old plugs. The genuine Motorcraft ones were like $5 each I think, so not a big deal and hopefully takes care of any potential weakness in the old ones. RA actually popped up with a "manufacturer recommends replacement" or some phrasing like that when I put spark plugs in the cart.

I went to my visit my mechanic this morning to have him install my

NGK (4469) LFR5AIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug (8 Pack)​

When removing the first old plug the ignition coil simply broke apart. So from there I had no choice to order my own coils online so he called autozone and they delivered Duralast Ignition Coil Pack C1672-8 and everything has all be installed and driving good as gold .....for now anyways! LOL
I was just going to write on this thread...no need to change coils unless they’re misfiring, forgetting that they can tear apart when removing (if the mileage is high). 🤣

Back