If you've ever over heated your engine,change the oil and filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipcitywrencher

Site Donor 2024
The video show's how bad this one look's after the engine over heated and was still left in there, i'm not sure when it over heated,( sometime last summer) but should have been changed a lot sooner .(But I think I changed it just in time) This link is Click Here when I posted and changed it on 2-21-18 . Enjoy the pic's and video.

That ABDV looks like it was stuck to the base plate and seemed stiff and brittle. Wonder if it was choking down any oil flow. Your thread link with the photos of this same filter cut open shows the ADBV being still pliable and bending 180 degrees. So apparently it wasn't as brittle as the video made it look ... ??

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
That ABDV looks like it was stuck to the base plate and seemed stiff and brittle. Wonder if it was choking down any oil flow. Your thread link with the photos of this same filter cut open shows the ADBV being still pliable and bending 180 degrees. So apparently it wasn't as brittle as the video made it look ... ??

(The ADV was stiff , stuck and brittle,) the photos were from a filter taken back in 2018, the video was taken of the filter I replaced it with that day back in 2018 .

I have worked on lots of Mitsubishi engines there were in forklifts .there are the exact same as the car engines . These engines were over heated until they quit running due to the valve seats falling out. I never have seen what the video represents. The videos oil has been run for too long. Like the syn oil ads that show sludged up engines from mineral oils . Working fleet repairs I have never seen a sludged up engine that has had proper servicing for its operation.

Originally Posted by CT8
I have worked on lots of Mitsubishi engines there were in forklifts .there are the exact same as the car engines . These engines were over heated until they quit running due to the valve seats falling out. I never have seen what the video represents. The videos oil has been run for too long. Like the syn oil ads that show sludged up engines from mineral oils . Working fleet repairs I have never seen a sludged up engine that has had proper servicing for its operation.

I agree, it was in there too long about 1year and 7 months, plus the fact that it over heated.It's my brothers truck, it leaks oil probably burns some too to the tune of a quart a month so he thinks because he keeps adding oil it doesn't need changing.Maybe he'll change his mind when I show him his cut open filter.
Anyways I put in some PP5w30 HM and a Fram Ultra, the oil probably turned black by the time he got out of my driveway.

Originally Posted by CT8
I have worked on lots of Mitsubishi engines that were in forklifts. They are the exact same as the car engines . These engines were overheated until they quit running due to the valve seats falling out. I never have seen what the video represents. The videos oil has been run for too long....

Agreed.

I have worked on lots of Mitsubishi engines there were in forklifts .there are the exact same as the car engines .

Except that most forklifts are propane fueled. If that's the case, it means that even if run past the
suggested oil change interval, the oil is clean and looks near new.
BTDT.

My 2¢

Originally Posted by dwendt44
I have worked on lots of Mitsubishi engines there were in forklifts .there are the exact same as the car engines .

Except that most forklifts are propane fueled. If that's the case, it means that even if run past the
suggested oil change interval, the oil is clean and looks near new.
BTDT.

My 2¢

Over run oil in an LPG fueled engine gets ugly it really stinks and thickens . It just doesn't have the carbon. The engine sees a dry gas. The cracked drain valve is time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back