If You Want it Done Right...

Had the exhaust ports resealed on our antique inboard. The shop did a great job on that, repaired and treated some localized transom rot. I start doing my pre-launch checks and notice that the fuel gauge is inop and the stern light illuminates with the ignition....hmmm, the only 2 circuits back there and they are both having a problem. Wires reversed. So, I go to repair and the light feed is screwed on to the fuel sender post so tight that the terminal starts to term instead of the nut loosening...maddening. Luckily I have enough threads left to stack another terminal.

Then I get to the stern light and, working blindly, can't seem to get a socket on the lower nut (while holding the fixing nuts with a wrench). I finally remove the fixture and find this. Seriously, someone is a 'professional' boat mechanic and doesn't know which side of the connection the captive star faces??? Bit frustrating. I don't ask much; just do your job...
anchorlightbase.jpg

Show a picture of the boat from what I see it must be stunning.
As requested. Since these pics I have installed NOS chrome side emblems (where the vinyl script was) and an NOS steering wheel hub badge....because I am crazy like that. Five years ago, this sat in an old warehouse w/ only ~500 hours, all but abandoned.
CRJPfam.jpg

CRInt.jpg

Your boat is so AA+. Best of luck with it.
A pal was given the smallest Chris Craft ever made. I'm so glad it happens to other people too.
I'm assuming your acquisition price was a good one.....not as good as my pal's.

His is the quote of the century: "People have always been generous with me, especially with boats."
You can't beat that.

Back