If you own a DELL, take a look and read

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to take a look at your computer. If it's a Dell, you might be entitled to some money. South Dakota is one of 34 states that reached a $3.35 million agreement with the company after filing complains about the company's policies.

On top of the money for consumers, Dell is also paying nearly $2 million back to states to cover legal costs and other expenses. South Dakota will receive nearly $47,000 of that, but if you feel the company owes you, time is running out to file.

Thirty-four states filed complaints with Dell Computers. They claimed Dell was dishonest with promotional financing that led to higher interest rates. Others said Dell didn't honor warranties or failed to send promised rebates.

If you bought a Dell computer after April 1, 2005 and feel the company did you wrong, you might be entitled to some of the agreement money. There are 11 different ways you can qualify. Forms to file a claim are available online. However, if you plan to file, you should hurry. All forms must be postmarked by Monday.

The amount of money individuals will receive depends on several factors including how many total claims are filed.

DragRace,

Thanks for the info. Most of that money will go to the lawyers. What is 47k for a whole state?

I was involved in a class action suit, along with a million other people, with Dell a few months ago. The settlement I received was a voucher for $100 off a new Dell Laptop.
These class action suits have to spread any reward so thin no one gets very much.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
I was involved in a class action suit, along with a million other people, with Dell a few months ago. The settlement I received was a voucher for $100 off a new Dell Laptop.
These class action suits have to spread any reward so thin no one gets very much.

You mean nobody except the lawyers
frown.gif

Next time, go after Dell pro se, and see what you get after Dell's attorneys get through with you.

All you people bashing attorney's fees are usually the same ones banging down their doors to sue someone.

The problem is that we've got attorneys making the laws in this country. You might as well put a drunk in charge of the wine cellar.

Then we've got ignorant people like the head of Volvo here making carte blanc statements about people he knows nothing about. Much easier to do that than to think for yourself and come up with the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back