If Oil was free, what would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question was asked in July 2002.

My answer was free Redline 10W40 delivered by Anna Kournikova in a wet T shirt.

I'd still like free oil and Anna would still be a fine delivery mechanism.

After reading this board for 18 months, I've accepted the logic that my bikes and cars don't need the same oil. 10w30 for the cars is OK.

I guess Anna will have to make two trips to my garage.

I would not change the brand of oil I used, but I would not stockpile it either.
grin.gif

Well to heck with the oil just have Shania show up at my fantasy. Oh, she alreay has
grin.gif

Mikep

Whatever Molakule could build with unlimited access to raw materials. Using mostly vegetable based chemistry.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Free oil? Amsoil, but I'd try some euro oils...

I am with Pablo on Euro oils. I'd definately love to try out Ester based MOTUL 300 V. The second choice would be Agip . I remember that Agip was the official lubricant supplier for F1 Ferrari Team. I believe when Schumacher joined Ferrari, they switched to Shell to pay his salary.

Also I've always wanted to try out one of Japanese tuners. I guess I'd like to try out HKS. I am really curious what kind of oil they would use for heavily modified turbocharged vehicles like Supra, WRX, EVO, etc. BTW, oil prices in Japan seem to be **** expensive.

If the oil is free. it doesn't matter which. I get a good oil filter and change it once a year, but replace the oil every 1K miles.

My first reaction was Redline.

Then I read down, and saw the Molakule Oil.....thought that was it.

Then got to 1000mile oil changes, and thought it was not a bad idea (although the wear on the drain plug threads and the likely need to retap them oversize at a later date, thus increasing garbage in the sump turns me off this idea).

Vote 1 Molakule's Brew.
Vote 2 Redline

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Whatever Molakule could build with unlimited access to raw materials. Using mostly vegetable based chemistry.

Yes! I think our own MolaKule should come up with his own brand of oil someday, customized personally for each person's needs!
smile.gif

Some of the race/street oils used in NASCAR/F1 engines that contain detergents. I'm sure the best of the best if found in some of these cars. The best technology comes from these cars.
smile.gif

Every other oil I'd use regardless of $$. Oil is cheap, especially in the U.S. And once we get Iraq situated, it should be even cheaper. Even the new M1R at say $9.95qt I'd pay. Not for my car, but my next one.

[ January 24, 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Well if you are using an oil that is different than the one that you would like to use...And especially if you have a vehicle that is worth say 15K or more. I think you should do some soul searching. If you honestly think that the more expensive(better) oil "is" better for your vehicle why not use it
dunno.gif

Disclaimer..If you trade often than this is probably a reason not to use your dream oil.

Hopefully after I learn more about oil (and after more UOA's) I'll be able to give an answer. I'm still on my quest for my niche oil for my 383 stroker. I've havent even put two drain intervals on the engine yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back