If I switch to syn, can I go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I am using M1 0w20 syn for the coldet winter months and then back to dino 5w20 Castrol for the rest of the year. Even Mobil says this is ok.

Thinks guys. I've been worried that I would not be able to change back because I read on another site that you can't. I guess I'll put it in today or tomarrow and see how it goes. Last 200 or so miles I've been cleaning it out with Seafoam and got good results.

I'm a newbi and have a question about Mobil 1. I was thinking of switching to it and would like to know if in the case I didn't like it if I could switch to a mixed oil. Or should I try a mix or blend I think it's called. My chevy has 117,000 miles and no leeks, good and clean internals.

You bet you can. I've switched between dino and synth, summer and winter, in several vehicles with no ill effects.

quote:

Originally posted by eljefino:
You bet you can. I've switched between dino and synth, summer and winter, in several vehicles with no ill effects.

Since I have found this site, that is what I have decided to do. I'm currently running M1 5-30 SS in the '01 85K Grand Caravan 3.8L and want to run Chevron 10-30 once spring hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back