IE 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
All microsoft thrashing aside, it's a very bad piece of software. IE7 is better, IMO. Maybe wait a couple of months for it to mature in the wild, then put it on your machine. That's what I'm doing. I have it on one machine - this one in fact. It's slower than 7.
+1 Had it on this laptop with auto download. Tried it, Hated it. Example, on BITOG kept getting a broken link looking thingy next to the address bar. Made it work slower, and implied that some sites weren't set/updated enough for IE8. Went back to 7, changed preference to notify but don't download or install, and finally figured out how to get rid of the darn yellow shield in lower toolbar.

Might try it later but not now.

If you click on it, that puts IE8 in Compatibility Mode for this site. I did that, and it runs pretty well.

Wow I'm shocked. IE8 has been great and really speeds up surfing and IE loads much faster and is ready to use in 1/2 the time. It moves page to page much quicker also. I like it.

I haven't noticed any crashes with Firefox 3.x, but I really only have used it on Linux lately. On windows I've been using Chrome since it came out, and I'm using the chrome beta on Linux too. I hope Firefox 3.5 improves the speed a lot because compared to chrome it's like everything is in slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back