Idiot Sightings

Kestas

Staff member
IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD: I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "too many deer were being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross there anymore. This one was from Kingman, KS. _____________________________________ IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE: My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg. And he was a Kansas City chef! _____________________________________ IDIOT SIGHTING: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge how would I know? He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask." Happened in Birmingham, Ala. _____________________________________ IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS _____________________________________ IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments. _____________________________________ IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip Back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office no less. _____________________________________ IDIOT SIGHTING: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side." This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi! _____________________________________ *They walk among us... AND REPRODUCE!!!

quote:
IDIOT SIGHTING: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge how would I know? He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
ah...errr...I've actually done this.... Thanks. Funny [LOL!]

quote:
IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip Back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office no less.
I've seen that once when someone decided to move the office around in a city hall.

A friend of mine bought something and paid for it with a 50 or 100 dollar bill. The cashier asked my friend how many $20 bills she should get back in the change. I don't think retail is the cashier's calling.

quote:
Originally posted by Kestas: IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip Back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office no less.
this only works w/ a ups. duh.

Kestas

Staff member
My dad had an encounter with an idiot. One of his tenants was complaining that they couldn't get comfotably warm unless the thermostat was set at 80°. They were worried about the high heating bills that would result. My dad checked the thermostat on the wall - it was the old round style with mercury switches - and remounted it a little bit in the clockwise position. This made the renters happy since now they can be comfortably warm at 72° and not expect such high heating bills!

I put up a submission for the placement of a contract. I put in a contingency sum (for contingencies), of about 3%. One senior (very) guy bounced the submission, as I'd failed to itemise those items that I was planning on spending the contingency on.