Idemitsu Type H Plus - Fluid Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed Idemitsu Type H Plus in three Honda automatics. In each vehicle, a triple drain-and-refill was performed.

In all three vehicles, within 5k miles, the fluid has lost its red color and has turned yellow (same color as new engine oil).

Not sure why this is happening.

But from a performance standpoint, every vehicle shifted smoother compared to ATF DW1.

Originally Posted by The Critic
But from a performance standpoint, every vehicle shifted smoother compared to ATF DW1.

My understanding is with Z-1 or DW-1 fluid in Honda transmissions, "smooth" shifts are actually not desired (by design). I don't mean jarring, slamming into the next gear, but a firm gear shift is normal.

I've noticed once it gets up to operating temp after driving on the highway for 30+ minutes, the shifts to the upper gears on my 06 Ody EX-L are a little abrupt or clunky. I use Maxlife MV ATF though.

Originally Posted by The Critic
I have installed Idemitsu Type H Plus in three Honda automatics. In each vehicle, a triple drain-and-refill was performed.

In all three vehicles, within 5k miles, the fluid has lost its red color and has turned yellow (same color as new engine oil).

Not sure why this is happening.

Probably a bit of oxidation going on there... My blue blue Eneos CVT fluid turned from that color to a very clear translucent motor oil color in hardly no time... No hint of blue at all... Now after 16k miles plus the fluid is hard to see on the transmission dipstick just like right after changing be the motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back