Idemitsu and Mazda

wemay

Site Donor 2023

I posted this more so for the following confirmation:

"Idemitsu (pronounced ee-dah-MIT-sue) has a strong relationship with Mazda North American Operations, supplying all factory-fill lubricants and as the bulk oil supplier to the Genuine Mazda Premium Oil Program."

I bought several jugs of this during the AZ oil rush this year. Until just now I had no idea what I would use it in.

1612652908716.png

Idemitsu may supply the bottled Genuine Mazda oil but most Mazda dealers participate in the Castrol program.

It should also be noted that while it appears that Idemitsu makes some of Mazdas excellent house oils with high moly, they make a couple lines with the one that was clearanced at AZ being sort of Mobil Supersyn to their Zepro lines being their equivalent to M1 EP...

Last edited:
Idemitsu may supply the bottled Genuine Mazda oil but most Mazda dealers participate in the Castrol program.

This is correct but I believe most dealers also carry the Idemitsu. Mine has it prominently displayed at the parts counter. You do have to ask for it specifically if you want them to use it.

Once the MTMUS opens I imagine Idemitsu will be supplying the factory fill for both Mazda and Toyota vehicles coming out of that plant.

We have Castrol 0W20 in bulk through Mazda's old program. It was Edge OE but our oil vendor recently changed it to Magnatec. I do keep the Mazda 0w20 bottles in stock for OTC sales. Mazda and Castrol discontinued their bulk program at some point, I think last year (?) but the same vendor that supplies our Motorcraft bulk oil brings the Castrol. FWIW when I bill the Castrol out on a RO, it specifically says that it is Castrol both in the part number and description, I built the number in that way in our system when I took over parts last February for a month or so.

Back