Ideas to sell landcruisers from abroad ,

Hello.

I have a business that specializes in exporting LHD diesel non USDM Toyota land cruisers to the USA. We have gotten a lot of interest and persons saying if you can bring vehicle to USA I would buy it. Thing is the vehicles are in central America. Payment terms are upfront wire transfer of at least 70 % of total cost, problem is everyone thinks i am a scammer. Why do people vehicles sight unseen wire transfer upfront from auctions in Japan and not from me? I know maybe the japan car sellers perhaps have a reputation.

I would like to be able to export at least one vehicle to USA so it can be seen that I am not a scammer and build reputation as a trustworthy seller.

Is there someone or someplace where I can get a loan or investment capital to start this business with the exportation of first car?

And /Or

What guarantees can I offer car buyer so they can feel safe wire transferring their money to buy a car from abroad.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Find a US partner....

Land Cruisers are hot and the non US spec ones are hotter in their niche market. The will sell, but you need to convince US buyers that you are legit...much easier w/ a local presence of sorts.

When I bought my French spec Rover, I found someone in the US w/ connections there.

There are some folks on Defender Source who regularly import trucks as a business, maybe search around there and reach out to them.

I'd love an LHD diesel J70...many others would also.

Oh, and I am sure you already know this but do not even try to import a modified or disguised 'young' truck to the US...not worth it.

Good luck!

Anyone know any good websites to publish land cruisers for sale. like autotrader, ebay etc?
any ideas on how to sell and market these land cruisers?

thanks

Look at some of the VinWiki posts by Ed Bolian. It sounds like there is difficultly in dealing with legitimate sellers in South America. Right now Land Cruisers especially Diesel are bonkers expensive and desirable. Vintagecruisers, and hemmings would be a great start. They might allow you to partner or have ideas on how.

Do you have a link to the land cruisers vinwiki posts. I searchrmed google andvdidnt see anything. Thanks

Back