Id steering rack bushing

Good morning, ,

I have a 1990 corolla with a adapted steering rack. Dont know which steering rack was adapted. looking forna bushing of it on driver side. Can anyone id from which car this bushing is?

Jaw Wood Finger Automotive tire Thumb

Tool Finger Thumb Wood Auto part

Finger Creative arts Art Wood Personal protective equipment

Cheers

Jorge

Another pic:

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Metal Circle

Here are pics of the steering rack on the vehicle:

Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Vehicle

It doesnt look like a 90 corolla steering rack, right?
Maybe a newer corolla, camry, or celica steering rack?

20211120_105325.jpg

Attachments

• 1637444786662.gif
    1637444786662.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
Look at these, note l & r are different. If these are not the same your best bet is to visit a local Toyota dealer with the old ones and try to match them. I could well be a 1990 rack.

Yes, i see the difference between left (driver side) and right (passenger side).

The right (passenger side) had a circular shaped hole and left (driver side) has a u shaped hole.

Would anyone have the part numbers for tht steering rack bushing?

Is polyurethane bushings better than rubber bushings?

Are the 92-93 bushings from a 90 series corolla?

92 was a 90 series in the USA. Poly is much better than rubber in this sort of application (PS rack, sway bar bushing, shock/strut mounts, etc) and a few others, usually not good for engine mounts unless you like cabin vibration.

Is poly control arm bushings better also?

Where would the steering rack serial number be on the steering rack?

is this steering rack bracket driver side or passenger side on a LHD 1990 corolla?
Is this an original toyota steering rack bracket? or has it been modified as their is a little metal plate on there creating a little hole?
20211120_140543.jpg
20211120_140550.jpg
20211120_140602.jpg

Time to go to a Toyota dealer, these brackets are for the most part similar in appearance. Whenever mods are done it is a good idea to keep a parts list with the vehicle documents, if not you end up sucking wind like this.

we removed the extra strip of metal on the bracket, which was there to accomodate an incorrect bushing from an application different to this corolla , and the correct application bushing was pressed into the bracket with a hydraulic press and everything was tightened into place.

How can I have both left and right sides of the inner tie rod ends rackend of the same size on a 90 corolla LHD that was changed from RHD?

Back