I'd like to make a statement about HOME BREWING oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg,

offtopic.gif

I have used Lisp for AI applications.

"Long and Intrusive Series of Parentheses" is what we call it.

Bob,

All I can say is Amen to that!

Want a better oil? If you are using a Group II petroleum oil, go up to a synthetic blend like Schaeffers w/ 25% PAO content or a synthetic like Mobil 1. Want something even better? ...use a PAO/Ester with the highest ester content you can find, such as Redline, the Amsoil Series 2000/3000, Synergyn, or Mobil Delvac 1, 5w-40.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear with some snake oil additive ....

TooSlick

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
Bob,

All I can say is Amen to that!

Want a better oil? If you are using a Group II petroleum oil, go up to a synthetic blend like Schaeffers w/ 25% PAO content or a synthetic like Mobil 1. Want something even better? ...use a PAO/Ester with the highest ester content you can find, such as Redline, the Amsoil Series 2000/3000, Synergyn, or Mobil Delvac 1, 5w-40.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear with some snake oil additive ....

TooSlick

TS,
Let's not get carried away with qualifying a motor oil's base oil as being better than another for basic engine oils. I will agree that In Your Opinion, that this may be true but in reality it has yet to be proven that a full synth oil is even necessary in basic automotive applications let alone be better in wear protection.

quote:

Originally posted by BOBISTHEOILGUY:
...if your oil isn't what you think it should be then try another oil. It is much easier to just use a already well designed oil than to try and mix one up as you go along type of thing.

VERY well put.
worshippy.gif
I've tried to get this same idea across to CADD users who think they need to write all their own lisp routines. In reality they'll never use all the capabilities the software came with, but they never bother learning about it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back