I wonder if this guy will get bailed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was all a lie

Dec. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Bernard Madoff, president of Bernard Madoff Investment Securities, told employees that his business is “all just one big lie” and “basically, a giant Ponzi scheme,” the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said.

He told the employees his business had been insolvent for years and estimated losses to be about $50 billion, the regulator said.

"business has been insolvent for years....sounds like GM & Chrysler!!!

Quote:
Madoff said he planned to surrender to authorities in a week, after he distributed some of his remaining $200 million to $300 million to select employees, family and friends,

..and none to those who lost money with his firm??
54.gif

I'm sure there's more details here ..but just why does he have, and get to distribute, 200-300M??

Brave Sir Bernard ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely took the cash and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Bernard turned about
And gallantly he cashed it out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Bernard!

He obviously didn't get enough compensation. If he did, he would have been able to invest OPM more wisely and trickle down more watershed benefits to others.

Another prime example that wealth truly needs help.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Brave Sir Bernard ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely took the cash and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Bernard turned about
And gallantly he cashed it out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Bernard!

Not-so-brave Madoff can't run away...

"I'm a Prisoner in My Own House!" Howls Madoff

Poor [email protected] in his $7 million penthouse.
smirk2.gif

is it just me or is most of the rich people we hear about get there with lies and deceit like this guy? I remember a few years ago of several CEO's who got busted lying on their resume and they resigned. The Radio Shack CEO who lied about his MBA degree. There were several others who claimed to have gone to Harvard but never did. They had to resign in disgrace. Even that George O'leary head football coach hired at Notre Dame had to resign when learned that he lied on his resume about having a Master's degree.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I've only one question in this whole mess.

Who the heck would invest money with a guy named Madoff?

crackmeup2.gif

Too bad his first name wasn't "Jack".

Originally Posted By: scoobie
He will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Honor.

Considering the stringent criteria for being awarded a Medal of Honor I consider that joke in very poor taste. Very poor taste.

Clark

One of the necessities of a properly functioning Capitalist system is that buyers and sellers are properly informed. If one or both parties are not truthful, the system cannot work as intended. This is one of the parts that needs enforcement can should never be left to "market forces" to determine who wins.

Originally Posted By: ClarkB
Originally Posted By: scoobie
He will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Honor.

Considering the stringent criteria for being awarded a Medal of Honor I consider that joke in very poor taste. Very poor taste.

Clark

The "Congressional Medal of Honor" is the difficult to one to win. Perhaps he meant the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

I never heard of the Presidential Medal of Honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back