I wish I were an artist....

Story was almost believeable until this. No way. Lots of Amish where I grew up, spent some time in SE Pa where there are Amish and Mennonite and the only explanation that makes sense to me is maybe she was Mennonite. Or she was leaving the Amish for good.

This was so unusual I wonder why you wouldn't pull over or turn around and get a pic with your phone. Amish don't like their photo taken but she would have. Sorry, not buying what you're selling.
I guess the expert in you forgot what a Pennsylvania back road looks like or the AZ sun went to your noggin...

Bedford-County-Backroad-October-2020.jpg

Very nice description Z. Painted a mental picture for me - I see them on my commute down in St Mary's Co. Usually old ladies driving the buggies though lol.
Not to steal from your nice story. I used to pass by an Amish farm where the guy mowed fields with the traditional horse team. The irony is that the mower the horses pulled had had 3 gas engines on the deck.

If that photo is your idea of Pa backroads in March then your perception is definitely in doubt. :oops:
You are very late to the party.
Post was in Sept and this was just a picture off the net today. Come on is it that hard to be nice. The story happened as told. I don't care who believes it or not. I have no interest
in making up stories.
I am a life long resident of this area...this exact area.

Regarding the question why people have to pick up after their dogs but not after their horses it comes down to the difference between dog droppings, which are largely not natural, and horse droppings, which are largely natural.

Back