I wish I were an artist....

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Last week I was on my way to Oxford, PA. and was taking the back roads.

I seen something spectacular to my eyes and wished I was a talented artist

Just telling the story.... I came upon an absolutely gorgeous Amish lady in her early 20's operating a buggy all by herself with a beautiful proud horse...all black and just being honest I never saw a beautiful Amish girl in my life. Seen many but none so beautiful. Most to my eyes are not so fine.

She was wearing a long red velvet dress with a white bonnet and alone. Blonde hair blowing in the wind.

It looked like she snuck away as it was a Monday morning and she had the horse moving quickly.
She and the horse had a happy very spirited look. Never seen a Amish girl out and about alone.

I really wish I could have captured that moment with paint and a brush.

That would have been fine art.
What a scene.

Be easy on me guys..

Last edited:
Not that uncommon.

Man stops to talk to pretty Amish girl out in the country. Suddenly the Mothership appears out of nowhere overhead.

Later that day you realize you have about 3 or 4 hours of missing, unaccounted for time. And no memory of any conversations with a pretty Amish girl...

Things happen.

Just telling the story.... I came upon an absolutely gorgeous Amish lady in her early 20's operating a buggy all by herself with a beautiful proud horse...all black and just being honest I never saw a beautiful Amish girl in my life. Seen many but none so beautiful. Most to my eyes are not so fine.

She was wearing a long red velvet dress with a white bonnet and alone. Blonde hair blowing in the wind.

It looked like she snuck away as it was a Monday morning and she had the horse moving quickly.
She and the horse had a happy very spirited look. Never seen a Amish girl out and about alone.

What a scene.

Be easy on me guys..
Don't sell yourself short.

You painted a pretty good picture with your words. I could totally see the girl and the scene reading your description. Beautiful!

“………..She was wearing a long red velvet dress with a white bonnet and alone. Blonde hair blowing in the wind………..”

Not that I disbelieve you, but I’ve seen a lot of Amish women and I’ve yet to see one wearing a long red velvet dress with blonde hair blowing in the wind.

Not that I wouldn’t mind seeing that!

Tell us, are you testing out lyrics here on BITOG for a new country or folk song you happen to be writing?

Actually it is "I wish I were an artist" It is a clear example of the subjunctive mood. Is that being too hard on you?
A_06.gif

“………..She was wearing a long red velvet dress with a white bonnet and alone. Blonde hair blowing in the wind………..”

Not that I disbelieve you, but I’ve seen a lot of Amish women and I’ve yet to see one wearing a long red velvet dress with blonde hair blowing in the wind.

Not that I wouldn’t mind seeing that!

Tell us, are you testing out lyrics here on BITOG for a new country or folk song you happen to be writing?
I thought the same. She was even showing a small bit of cleavage and no I'm
absolutely serious. No smut story as that isn't my interest either.

Sunday is the big Amish day so it struck me weird. She had no makeup on at all and to me that made her more beautiful.

I am a poet of some note but can sing as good as a bullfrog. Not..lol

My parents grew up like the Amish
Both the youngest of 12. My father Italian and my mother was Irish.
Both worked their families farms.

Depression era children.
They would have loved such a painting. That was what I was thinking when I saw her.

A beautiful picture it would have been.

What a scene.

Be easy on me guys..
Well you can go to court and change your name to Art Tist

:cautious: 😝

...or get a camera? Hey, with digital it's sooooooo much cheaper than when I learned. Gotta learn to carry it all the time.

Your were descriptive though you reused words. That could be confused with slap-dash editing....still your work but in need of editing.

Have I got 'Amish on Country Road' stories for you! .....in the grocery store...in waiting rooms...at auto parts stores.

...or get a camera? Hey, with digital it's sooooooo much cheaper than when I learned. Gotta learn to carry it all the time.

Your were descriptive though you reused words. That could be confused with slap-dash editing....still your work but in need of editing.

Have I got 'Amish on Country Road' stories for you! .....in the grocery store...in waiting rooms...at auto parts stores.
I wrote it impromptu on my cell in two minutes. You think that qualifies it for a review? Come on be nice.
It's a car forum for automechanic sake.

I had a cell on my seat. I'm driving on a back road and we are meeting around a curve. I had no time to take a picture. Especially with the stupid cell swipe function I can't kill on my phone. That sad keep on reading.

Remember the Amish are not going to pose for a picture and to take one is violating their rights.

Yes I have before but not a direct shot at them. Probably shouldn't do that either but I like the horse and buggy pictures.

I wrote it impromptu on my cell in two minutes. You think that qualifies it for a review? Come on be nice.
It's a car forum for automechanic sake.

I had a cell on my seat. I'm driving on a back road and we are meeting around a curve. I had no time to take a picture. Especially with the stupid cell swipe function I can't kill on my phone. That sad keep on reading.

Remember the Amish are not going to pose for a picture and to take one is violating their rights.

Yes I have before but not a direct shot at them. Probably shouldn't do that either but I like the horse and buggy pictures.
Come on Z. That's what God made U-turns for !🤠

Surely the depth of your sensuality can charm birds from the trees. Don't be bashful. It is up to you to interpret the human magnetism properly.

Amish ladies ask me for directions and to retrieve articles from high shelves. They're always in pairs in public so nobody is threatened. I favor them politely and move quickly along.

Seriously, I'd bet they monitor and review encounters given they're so insular. All I've met are from out of state; Ohio and Pennsylvania. They buy 30 to 120 acre dairy farms. In my region the meat products they sell are quite good.

Amish farms and processing operations are neat and impressive.

Many need dental care. They do go to optometrists. I never see old timers out and about.

Back