I WILL be making this fluid extractor pump, so awesome!

I made one out of a glass peanut butter jar 35 years ago. Works great. Don't worry it won't implode even if you do pull a deep vacuum (which you never will). Great for the smaller jobs, brakes, power steering etc.

Originally Posted by Ozonkiller
I made one out of a glass peanut butter jar 35 years ago. Works great. Don't worry it won't implode even if you do pull a deep vacuum (which you never will). Great for the smaller jobs, brakes, power steering etc.

it is incredible and I'll be using it a ton in the future. I will be doing a brake bleed soon as I am swapping in some new calipers on my Mustang. Do I just put the vac line on the bleeder and activate it before or after cracking the bleeder screw?

Yes … From an antique store … a collector here has a set in six pack holder
(and yeah, I now have an old VW hood that must become something) …

Tried this one out today … claims to draw a quart in 6 minutes …
I spent a half hour to get two quarts of Dexron VI out.
Not the greatest …

7F6C412E-15E4-4472-8392-362FB719D1F9.jpeg

D8C6ECA2-246A-4F6D-95BA-91B75836513F.jpeg

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Originally Posted by Fawteen
No thanks. I'll use pickle jars for pickles, and my Mityvac for fluid extraction.

watch the video. He pulls a gallon of oil in about 30 seconds or less. Way better than a MityVac.

How many "gallons" can you get in your little pickle jar? I get about 2.5 gallons in my Mityvac, and it drains the 8+ quarts of oil in my Silverado in about 5 minutes-just enough time for me to replace the filter.

Leave the guy alone, he is having fun after all. More objects in my garage is not going to work for me, I already try to get of 2 objects per day.
Mityvac 7201 here for 16 years, just bought new quality high-temp hoses. Otherwise takes less than 10 minutes to evacuate 7.5 qt sumps of motor while it is warm.

Thanks for sharing! I all ready have a vac for a.c. so if the need comes up I guess I can make a vac for oil.

Originally Posted by Mel12
Thanks for sharing! I all ready have a vac for a.c. so if the need comes up I guess I can make a vac for oil.

attaboy!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Audios
A mityvac is only about 70$ wouldnt it be better to have a warranty?

How reliable is the Mityvac ?

As long as its not stored in the sun- very.

I've recently seen (Here I think) a broken one (first I've seen in prob 20 years) the plastic looked highly degraded by UV.

Its made from thick plastic and can take a decent level of rough handling. Mine has seen hundreds of uses and still going strong.

UD

Originally Posted by 4WD
Tried this one out today … claims to draw a quart in 6 minutes …
I spent a half hour to get two quarts of Dexron VI out.
Not the greatest …

Yep. I bought the ~3qt version of that Trac oil extractor. I spent that much time trying to extract about a cup of cold ATF out of my 2015 Nissan Versa 4spd AT. Calling it not the greatest is being generous.

I used my pump tonight to do the rear diff on my Mustang. The cold fluid took about 4 minutes to suck out 2 quarts. So awesome. Glad it worked for thick gear oil.

Back