I went on a road trip to find GREEN GC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw my first MO501 batch this week at my local Walmart, and as everyone else has reported, it's green.

We've had M05 stuff here for a while now, but oddly enough we got MO502 and newer stuff first, and the M0501 stuff didn't show up until later. I also saw some M0522 stuff too.

I've still got 75L of the green stuff, and my dad needs some for his upcoming oil change, but I'm going to switch him over to gold GC so I can preserve my green stash for my two cars and my mom's car.

Pat,

I believe you will find that in the Volvo, the new GC will prove as good as...well...um-m...gold.
grin.gif

I wish I had done some oil analysis on my dad's car, but he gets his oil changes done at Volvo. It would've been nice to compare green to gold, especially since his intervals are always 7500 miles.

I am not using GC right now but I went to Autozone in Chicago around my workplace every Saturday and I saw lots of batch M05. I couldn't remember the sequences. I hope I could put GC in Civic VP '04 which technically can use 0W30 since the Amsoil website states that their 0W30 can be used with my car. So, what on the bottle said 0W-30 M05XXXX Made in Germany. Should I try it out?

KBK, you might want to give it a try...but honestly those Honda Civic engines seem to do just fine on 5W-20 or 0W-20. I'm not sure I'd go all the way up to a "heavy" 30-weight oil on that car unless it was seeing some pretty severe duty (i.e., track use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back