I went on a road trip to find GREEN GC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
High in the Mountains of Central California
After reading around here how GC is often found in areas where the automotive elite DO NOT reside (
tongue.gif
), I drove to Fillmore and Santa Paula to check out their AutoZones.

Not only was there no GREEN GC, but there was no GC of any kind... nor had anyone working at either location ever heard of it.

All was not lost, however, because the drive was beautiful and the temps were cooler, and it gave me a chance to put some miles on the F250 (which just started the first ARX rinse phase yesterday). It is driving very well now!

Anyway, I just wanted to know if others take road trips for the sole purpose of finding GREEN GC.
grin.gif

When it first came out here in the fall of 2002, I drove to about 3 or 4 different Walmarts up here before I finally found some.

If I am going into the city, I usually map out the Auto Zones that are "on the way". So far, the past 2 trips have yielded 0 quarts. I think the elves have packed up and left baltimore.

I wish other stores carried 0w30. It seems like I can only find Gold GC or M1 in the 0W30. I cant seem to find any other brands that make that oil.(besides amsoil)

As part of the routine of driving my son to various towns to soccer games and tournaments I am painlessly able to get to a geographically wide range of stores. This will happen as well in the fall and winter as soccer is replaced with hockey
canada.gif
. But it appears to me that there will be little left of the M0501 and under by the time fall rolls in. So much in stock *now* is the M0502 and above
frown.gif

Although reading BITOG one gets the microscopic view that we are the only ones who buy German Castrol and so I am always surprised when I reach to the shelf and there is no green
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:
As part of the routine of driving my son to various towns to soccer games and tournaments I am painlessly able to get to a geographically wide range of stores. This will happen as well in the fall and winter as soccer is replaced with hockey
canada.gif
. But it appears to me that there will be little left of the M0501 and under by the time fall rolls in. So much in stock *now* is the M0502 and above
frown.gif

Although reading BITOG one gets the microscopic view that we are the only ones who buy German Castrol and so I am always surprised when I reach to the shelf and there is no green
dunno.gif

Bg,

I believe that we BITOGGERS are--in fact--NOT ALONE!
shocked.gif

While I have never made a trip specifically to find some green, if there is an AZ around where I am at, I stop and look (unless the wife is with me, she tolerates my stash, but will not go with me to buy more).
It is sad though, I have stopped at 5 AZ by my work (1 had 1 qt of GC, the other initially had none, but had at least 6 more on the shelf after I took 4) and the 4 by my house (cleaned out 2 of them, all others only had gold) and 2 by my parents house (no 0w-30 in either). None in the 2 by my father-in-laws house in OK City either.
So as of right now, I know where about 12 qts are (at least when I was at them in the past week) but no $$$ to get any. I also refuse to pay full price, so I have to wait for them to go on sale again.

For you Bitogers who do find GC right now at AZ..so what is the going rate per qt?

Do you grab the Green irregardless of price now that the Gold is more common?

I was at an AZ in Stockton and found 6 cases of M0501. It took 9 trips to get it all so I could cash in on 2 rebate cards. On the last trip, the cashier asked my what I was using this "watered down 0wt stuff for anyway?" I told him it was a lifetime supply for my Honda lawnmower. He shook his head and I just smiled.

today i went to two autozones, 3 kragens, and 1 wal-mart and none of them had any GC. they had the US castrol syntec, but none of the 0 weights. disappointing day

We're running dry also. Finished my search of AZ stores in several local counties & found just 12 greens. Also have 12 GC golds, but, that's it. All that remain are AC gold w/ the yellow lable. Am hoping that the AC turns out to be the same as the gold GC if the gold GC proves to be as good as the green......And that's a lot of hoping.

quote:

Originally posted by teambeechstreet:
today i went to two autozones, 3 kragens, and 1 wal-mart and none of them had any GC.

I'm not sure where "Kalifas" is (somewhere in the U.S. I'm assuming), but GC is only sold at AutoZone stores in the U.S. No need to look at any other store, as you won't find it elsewhere.

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:

quote:

Originally posted by teambeechstreet:
today i went to two autozones, 3 kragens, and 1 wal-mart and none of them had any GC.

I'm not sure where "Kalifas" is (somewhere in the U.S. I'm assuming), but GC is only sold at AutoZone stores in the U.S. No need to look at any other store, as you won't find it elsewhere.

kalifas = slang for california

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back