I went on a road trip to find GREEN GC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
For you Bitogers who do find GC right now at AZ..so what is the going rate per qt?...

$4.99-$5.19 around these here parts. I know of one place that still has quite a large stash of the green, but I'll never tell.
wink.gif

i happened to see an autozone while checking out a car in hollister today with my dad. i shot in and found 5 qrts of GC! one M02, two M03, and two M0501s. all green! all of them had been opened too (im guessing a BITOGer lives in that area). I got all excited and asked one of the employees there if they had any more of the 0w30 in the back. The guy looked it up in his computer and said there were two cases in the back. It really got my hopes up! He brought them over and I tore them open, but they were all M02s made in the US. They were priced for $5.99/qrt! Way too rich for my blood, but when I mentioned that they were opened (one leaking slightly), the guy knocked them down to $4.99/qrt and the leaking one to $4.49/qrt.

> I got all excited and asked one of the employees
> there if they had any more of the 0w30 in the
> back. The guy looked it up in his computer and
> said there were two cases in the back. It really
> got my hopes up! He brought them over and I tore
> them open, but they were all M02s made in the US

M02 is the right stuff (green GC), I believe you may have meant M0502 possibly?

Later,

Rich - caught the green GC bug as well, embarrassed to say how much I have gathered up in the past week and used it in a recent oil change.

RichD said:

> M02 is the right stuff (green GC), I believe you
> may have meant M0502 possibly?

Never mind, I know see that you clearly said "MADE IN THE US". My bad, I too had to avoid a lot of the US made 0W30 and left behind all the gold GC.

Later,

Rich

Labor Day weekend I am going to Toronto for a short vacation. From what I understand, GC can be found at Wal-Marts and Canadian Tire. Anyone see any problems with purchasing some in Canada and bringing it back to the US?

quote:

Originally posted by AR15 VDub:
Labor Day weekend I am going to Toronto for a short vacation. From what I understand, GC can be found at Wal-Marts and Canadian Tire. Anyone see any problems with purchasing some in Canada and bringing it back to the US?

I wouldn't think so as long as you declare it and don't exceed the duty free allowance...oil products might have some funnny stipulations, but I don't KNOW of any.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I know of one place that still has quite a large stash of the green, but I'll never tell.
wink.gif

So am I.
grin.gif

As to why I'm asking the going rate...well I'm ready to pounce at said stash(es) when the price is..
wink.gif

quote:

In the past I have brought oil from the US to Canada, so you should have no problem with the reverse.

FWIW, Walmart sells GC for $7.58 per liter, Canadian Tire sells it for $7.99.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
FWIW, Walmart sells GC for $7.58 per liter, Canadian Tire sells it for $7.99.

Just a couple of weeks ago Walmart sold it for $7.12 cdn.

Btw, are these the only two retail outlets in Canada selling GC?

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

I wouldn't think so as long as you declare it and don't exceed the duty free allowance...oil products might have some funnny stipulations, but I don't KNOW of any.

Happen to know what the duty free allowance is?

quote:

Originally posted by paulinfiji:
Hello AR15 VDUB,
Check this site for the duty free allowance. http://www.peacebridge.com/dutyfree.php
Once you're in this site, scroll all the way to the bottom. It will definitely help you. BTW, Canadian tax is a high 15 percent. I take it you're up here for Caribanna. Have a good time.

Thanks, actually we are going to Canada's Wonderland. The Italian Job ride looks kinda cool.

quote:

How much GC is left in Canada, anyone know? What is XD?

My local Walmart has like 24x 1L bottles of Gold M05 GC.
& my local Canadian Tire has like 12x 1L bottles of Green M04 GC.
& my local PartSource always seems to have a rack shelf full.

Note: Walmart is cheaper than Canadian Tire.
Walmart sells it for $7.58Cdn/1L bottle.

Esso XD-3 EXTRA engine oils
"Esso XD-3 Extra 0W-40 and 0W-30 are synthetic since they use polyalphaolefin (PAO) as the basestock"

[ August 05, 2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: 99 GASE2 ]

I found about 20 quarts of it at the Coquitlam Walmart, however they just jacked the price up $0.40 a quart from last week.

They have a bunch of M0501 left at $7.58 per quart. I grabbed 8 quarts up, My wife wouldn't let me buy it all.

I have got the Gc bug too I picked up 4 qts of M03 will go back to the same store agin next week to pick up the rest of the stash.
I still have'nt used it in my 04 Corrolla which calls for 5-30 but I guess 0-30 should be compatible.
I currently use Syntec Blend and hope the engine revs smoother with the Green GC.

I am only afriad I might now find this oil anymore as Us made 0-30 will eventually replace GC.

Happy Motoring

quote:

Originally posted by Radhe:
I am only afriad I might now find this oil anymore as Us made 0-30 will eventually replace GC.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, have faith in the elves, they won't let you down.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back