I wanted to TASTE it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all my research and my first experience at changing my own oil, I must confess that my mouth started watering when I opened and began pouring the TropArtic 5W-30 into my Nissan 2.4L crankcase last weekend. I actually wanted to put my finger into the oil and taste the liguid gold...YUMMYYYYYYYY!!!
gr_eek2.gif

Uh, would that be a bad thing? Or is it an indication of some other as yet undiagnosed malady for which I should seek immediate treatment?
dunno.gif

best case you get the runs.
worst is the additives may be toxic.you will take up worm farming or ant ranching for hobbies.

The saftey sheets (MSDS) states:

Swallowing small amounts of this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing large amounts may be harmful.

Note to Physician:
Acute aspiration of large amounts of oil-laden material may produce a serious aspiration pneumonia. Patients who aspirate
these oils should be followed for the development of long-term sequelae. Repeated aspiration of small quantities of mineral oil
can produce chronic inflammation of the lungs (i.e. lipoid pneumonia) that may progress to pulmonary fibrosis. Symptoms are often subtle and radiological changes appear worse than clinical abnormalities. Occasionally, persistent cough, irritation of the
upper respiratory tract, shortness of breath with exertion, fever, and bloody sputum occur. Inhalation exposure to oil mists below
current workplace exposure limits is unlikely to cause pulmonary abnormalities. Preexisting disorders of the following organs ( or
organ systems) may be aggravated by exposure to this material: skin.

Thanks for all the medical feedback...

I HOPE everyone recognizes the humor that was intended...I really have no intentions of ingesting motor oil, no matter how excited I am about it's use.
spaz.gif

Time to resurrect on old (but true) story that happened to me. A nice, though pesky, neighbor inevitably liked to pop over whenever I'd do anything on my car. One morning before I began my ritualistic oil change ceremony, I meticulously cleaned out an old oil bottle with multiple detergent washes and rinses, poured in some pancake syrup and enough water to more or less mimic the "viscosity" of motor oil and took my concoction out to await the inevitable when Larry saw me out on the driveway. As he approached, and pretending I hadn't noticed his approach, I made a big show of removing the cap, drawing a deep breath near the bottle's mouth, and then took a full swig, carefully allowing a dribble of the sweet concoction to run down my chin. Larry stopped dead in his tracks, horrified, and screamed, "What are you doing!?" I looked up nonchalantly and in my best attempt at a quizzical expression with brows furrowed, and just muttered, "What?..." That was five and a half years ago and Larry hasn't spoken to me since. Kinda miss 'im. (Perversity, though a lonely pursuit, can be fun.
wink.gif
)

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Time to resurrect on old (but true) story that happened to me. A nice, though pesky, neighbor inevitably liked to pop over whenever I'd do anything on my car. One morning before I began my ritualistic oil change ceremony, I meticulously cleaned out an old oil bottle with multiple detergent washes and rinses, poured in some pancake syrup and enough water to more or less mimic the "viscosity" of motor oil and took my concoction out to await the inevitable when Larry saw me out on the driveway. As he approached, and pretending I hadn't noticed his approach, I made a big show of removing the cap, drawing a deep breath near the bottle's mouth, and then took a full swig, carefully allowing a dribble of the sweet concoction to run down my chin. Larry stopped dead in his tracks, horrified, and screamed, "What are you doing!?" I looked up nonchalantly and in my best attempt at a quizzical expression with brows furrowed, and just muttered, "What?..." That was five and a half years ago and Larry hasn't spoken to me since. Kinda miss 'im. (Perversity, though a lonely pursuit, can be fun.
wink.gif
)

Ahhhhh...that's sweet...no pun intended...

F bomb? Deleted? Ah,, what the heck? I wrote some remarks sypathetic to nuclear weaps a day or two back and they got deleted. I don't expect ALL my ravings to get through.

The good news?

PEP boys has VSOT for $4.23 after tax, (I bought three), and LOTS of G-05 HOAT Coolant, $11.95/Gallon. A steal, I tell ya!

Get the GOOD stuff!

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
That was five and a half years ago and Larry hasn't spoken to me since. Kinda miss 'im. (Perversity, though a lonely pursuit, can be fun.
wink.gif
)

Ahhh, so THAT'S how I get rid of my similarly pesky neighbor...

quote:

Originally posted by toocrazy2yoo:
F bomb? Deleted? Ah,, what the heck? I wrote some remarks sypathetic to nuclear weaps a day or two back and they got deleted. I don't expect ALL my ravings to get through.

I know this is
offtopic.gif
, but I wonder if comments in *opposition* to nuclear weapons would be similarly censored...
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
Arm Wrestler Bruce "The Animal" Wayne psyched himself up for championship matches by eating live crickets and washing them down with motor oil

So now it's official. If he can drink it, it MUST be safe.
wink.gif

Not so fast...maybe it was only SF rated...it could've been really nasty stuff!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back