I wanted to buy this car, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something missing in this picture.
confused.gif

wink.gif

-

Wow and only $300 off the new price of $9999 for the "blue-gray SL with A/C" special they ran at the end of the s-series....
rolleyes.gif

At least they won't let you haggle, though the picture reminds me of the TV game show "let's make a deal"....

For a while if ebaymotors had no user-supplied picture of their car, they'd have an outline of a saturn....

I have found carmax to be about 10-15% higher than prices obtained from traditional dealers for identical vehicles. The asking prices are similar between traditional/carmax but the purchase prices are much different.

Carmax really just charges full retail minus a few hundred bucks. That is not a good deal at all. On top of that they pay the rock bottom price for trades.

Some people are more than happy to pay the extra 1-3K for the warm and fuzzy feelings judging by the amount of carmax tags I see on cars around here.

Carmax is the worst deal on cars than any dealership in my town.

Carmax had a 2005 Chevy Cobalt for 1,000 more than I paid for a new 2006. Also, the Carmax car didn't have cruise control and had almost 20,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back