I want to try '05..help me pick the test mule

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcy

Really I do. Why all the fear and loathing regarding this new oil. Sure, I'll miss the uniqueness of having green oil in my car but what's the worst that could happen. Some elevated wear? I doubt my engine will self destruct. Now I need advice on which car to do it on.

Car #1. 1999 Grand Caravan 3.8 litre V6. Van has 131000km on it, it has one UOA done when I had green GC in it, but it also had a leaking intake gasket at the time, and it was during the past winter.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002350#000000

This car just started an Auto-Rx rinse phase. I did the ARX treatment after I had the intake gasket replaced.

Car #2. 2000 Volkswagen Beetle GLS with the 2.0 AEG 4 cylinder engine. Car has 62000km on it. Currently running Esso XD-3 0w30 (for 2000km). No UOA's on this car, and prior to the XD-3 I had just done the rinse phase on an Auto-Rx treatment. Bought the car used at 50000km and it appeared the previous owner hadn't changed regular dino oil for 15000-20000km. Just a guess based on the 'next oil change sticker' on the windshield that said 'change at 35000km' Did the Auto-Rx just to be safe.

Both cars see probably 70% highway (25km to 42km one way depending on who's driving it) and 30% city running kids to school and getting groceries, buying oil etc etc. Oil burning is slim to nil on both vehicles, and both are in good working order, each having passed an emissions test in the last year. If it matters, both use OE oil filters - MOPAR on the van, and MANN on the Beetle.

I have the Blackstone oil pump to facilitate pulling samples http://www.blackstone-labs.com/pump.html and I have a Wearcheck facility close by. www.wearcheck.ca

I need some input on which car to test the gold on, and how often I should pull a sample without breaking the bank. On the Beetle I'd really hate to dump the XD-3 so early in life. On the van, the rinse phase is only 1500 miles, but I think it HAS to be dino - so this test may not happen next week, but probably in the next month or so.

Whoa...did I just volunteer to run this snake oil in my vehicles. The Elves must have used a Jedi mind trick on my feeble mind
wink.gif

[ May 24, 2005, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: rcy ]

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:
Really I do. Why all the fear and loathing regarding this new oil. Sure, I'll miss the uniqueness of having green oil in my car but what's the worst that could happen. Some elevated wear? I doubt my engine will self destruct. Now I need advice on which car to do it on.

Car #1. 1999 Grand Caravan 3.8 litre V6. Van has 131000km on it, it has one UOA done when I had green GC in it, but it also had a leaking intake gasket at the time, and it was during the past winter.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002350#000000

This car just started an Auto-Rx rinse phase. I did the ARX treatment after I had the intake gasket replaced.

Car #2. 2000 Volkswagen Beetle GLS with the 2.0 AEG 4 cylinder engine. Car has 62000km on it. Currently running Esso XD-3 0w30 (for 2000km). No UOA's on this car, and prior to the XD-3 I had just done the rinse phase on an Auto-Rx treatment. Bought the car used at 50000km and it appeared the previous owner hadn't changed regular dino oil for 15000-20000km. Just a guess based on the 'next oil change sticker' on the windshield that said 'change at 35000km' Did the Auto-Rx just to be safe.

Both cars see probably 70% highway (25km to 42km one way depending on who's driving it) and 30% city running kids to school and getting groceries, buying oil etc etc. Oil burning is slim to nil on both vehicles, and both are in good working order, each having passed an emissions test in the last year. If it matters, both use OE oil filters - MOPAR on the van, and MANN on the Beetle.

I have the Blackstone oil pump to facilitate pulling samples http://www.blackstone-labs.com/pump.html and I have a Wearcheck facility close by. www.wearcheck.ca

I need some input on which car to test the gold on, and how often I should pull a sample without breaking the bank. On the Beetle I'd really hate to dump the XD-3 so early in life. On the van, the rinse phase is only 1500 miles, but I think it HAS to be dino - so this test may not happen next week, but probably in the next month or so.

Whoa...did I just volunteer to run this snake oil in my vehicles. The Elves must have used a Jedi mind trick on my feeble mind
wink.gif

The Beetle...the Beetle...the Beetle, or you could also try it in the Beetle...Yup. (By the way, pour a little in the flower vase...the Elves absolutely LOVE that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back