I want to like K&N ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
After looking at the KN I dont think I will run it in the Camry. Now the AFE Pro Dry is inciting!!

AEM dryflow and AFE pro dry are top notch synthetic media filters. They have produced some impressively low Si measurements on UOAs.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
After looking at the KN I dont think I will run it in the Camry. Now the AFE Pro Dry is inciting!!

AEM dryflow and AFE pro dry are top notch synthetic media filters. They have produced some impressively low Si measurements on UOAs.

After some research have found that AEM is now owned by K-N. Plus even AFE allows some dirt to get past and coat the intake. still researching for more data and may not be worth it for a DD.

Mileage is wrong on reports , But it appears the AEM filters better .

K&N Filter

Untitled2_zps0114e51e.jpg

AEM

aemfilter_zpsf4b3b0c9.jpg

Originally Posted By: JDW
Mileage is wrong on reports , But it appears the AEM filters better .

K&N Filter

Untitled2_zps0114e51e.jpg

AEM

aemfilter_zpsf4b3b0c9.jpg

Thanks, info is hard to find.

just found this.
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Yep, here is the big info.

In the chart above it’s important to note the different test durations for each filter. The AC Delco filter test ran for 60 minutes before exceeding the restriction limit while the AMSOIL and K&N tests each ran for 20 and 24 minutes respectively before reaching max restriction.

In 60 minutes the AC Filter accumulated 574gms of dirt and passed only 0.4gms. After only 24 minutes the K&N had accumulated 221gms of dirt but passed 7.0gms.

Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt. See the data tables for a complete summary of these comparisons.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
just found this.

In the chart above it’s important to note the different test durations for each filter. The AC Delco filter test ran for 60 minutes before exceeding the restriction limit while the AMSOIL and K&N tests each ran for 20 and 24 minutes respectively before reaching max restriction.

In 60 minutes the AC Filter accumulated 574gms of dirt and passed only 0.4gms. After only 24 minutes the K&N had accumulated 221gms of dirt but passed 7.0gms.

Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt. See the data tables for a complete summary of these comparisons.

Exactly. KN did poorly. Looks like I need to find a AC Delco for the Camry.

hmm so does the k&n filter cause the engine oil to get dirtier quicker?
im contemplating on going back to stock type air filter now.

just found this.

Exactly. KN did poorly. Looks like I need to find a AC Delco for the Camry.

If AC Delco doesn't make one, Baldwin does. And it is also a good filter.

ROD

Originally Posted By: slybunda

Yes, air filtration is far more important than the oil filtration since the air filter is responsible for stopping most of the contamination the oil will ever see, the K&N will make the oil and oil filter reach capacity faster all while the elevated abrasive silicon will have your wear metals increase.

Originally Posted By: slybunda

Yes, air filtration is far more important than the oil filtration since the air filter is responsible for stopping most of the contamination the oil will ever see, the K&N will make the oil and oil filter reach capacity faster all while the elevated abrasive silicon will have your wear metals increase.
The best oil filter is a well sealed quality air cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back