I want to do an oil analysis but......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last 5 fill ups with Shell 87 fuel, I have used so far
1 can of Seafoam in the fuel
2 Penzoil Injector cleaner
1 Penzoil Fuel system ....

Will these adatives cause a problem with the oil analysis?
canada.gif

So far the engine has received 2 stage treament of Auto-RX w/ Castrol GTX 10w40.

Now it's on its first AMO Amsoil 10W40 synthetic oil change

nope ..no issue at all
I like this oil, it has a good pour point in cold weather.
Good performance characteristics.

Then there's no point of running an analysis with all of that crap I put in the fuel.

I will dump the tainted Amsoil and put in some fresh Amsoil.. I'm getting close to my factory oci 6000km anyway..
Then run an analysis.
I just want to know how healthy my engine is and if I'm using the correct oil...

OK...

I was having a hard time applying Seafoam to my car. The brake booster vaccum hose was not a good choice. I also felt that using my PCV valve vaccum hose will harm the PCV valve itself. I'm not a mechanic, so in this situation I was not comfortable. So I added to the fuel(advise from others).

I wanted to decarbon my combustion chamber. And in other fill ups I added those adds just to make sure..

Now to think of it, I don't know if I did more harm to my engine than good.

So now this got me thinking. I feel really bad about adding these adds. And also I realized I have made a bad decision with the weight of the oil. Eventho Amsoil AMO 10w40 synth. has a good pour point. I may even be to heavy for the car.

I worried of blow-by. Can the analysis tell me this? I want to avoid oil comsumption(blow-by).

I'm stuck between Extended Life 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil (XLF) and 100% Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil (ASL). Based on prformance on what they can do, I would have to used them both together. But My vehicle has 156,000km, and I feel I should start using (XLF) but (ASL) has things that I like about it..

I also don't want to mix both products, cause I feel, I'm taking away the perfomance of the (XLF).

10W40 AMO in Canadian winter months is a bad choise, I just realized that, so I need what a 5W30?

Series 2000 Synthetic 0W-30 Motor Oil ?
Extended Life 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil (XLF) ?100% Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil (ASL)?
?

[ December 08, 2005, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: SOUPNAZZI ]

"No fuel system cleaner for you! Come back, 2 years!"

With all those chemicals that you've added yo should be worried about your spark plugs' condition. If I were you, I'd pull them and take a look. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to see some ash-fouling. As for the fuel additives, more isn't better. One application a couple tanks before an oil change seems best.

If you want to see what's really going on inside your engine, do the uoa. Then do one later and see what's changing. Simple.

Personaly, do a UOA and pay to have Terry look at it and let him know what all you added. He should be able to tell you what is what. It will also give you a good comparison on your next UOA (which will be with Fuel Power only, right?
wink.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back