I used to be a big fan of lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use it in my old 88 beater truck, and then i put it in my dodge, the engine started knocking ( not to be confused with the dodge hemi knock), and the check engine light came on. I never expected this to happen. I then later logged on to the main bitog site and i saw the demonstration with the gearbox. I will NEVER use it again. Not even in my old Beater

never add anything to oil, except for possibly arx if u think it needs a cleaning. most engines, though, are basically self cleaning by design of the engineer. i used to add MoS2 until I clogged an oil filter doing it and nearly ruined the engine in my new Impreza (engine running fine since then)

Originally Posted By: grease_monkey
I used to use it in my old 88 beater truck, and then i put it in my dodge, the engine started knocking ( not to be confused with the dodge hemi knock), and the check engine light came on. I never expected this to happen. I then later logged on to the main bitog site and i saw the demonstration with the gearbox. I will NEVER use it again. Not even in my old Beater

I've been using Lucas in everything for years and years...Corvette, Ford Diesel, Harley, Big Block Chevy Jet Boat, lawn equipment, toaster lol!
NEVER have I noticed one speck of evidence of it making my oil foam! And if it ain't foaming on a 8000 RPM BBC engine it ain't foaming in any other engines or gear boxes I use it in.

Lucas does NOTHING for your engine. I used it for a long time and finally figured out that it was just plain stupid to add it to my oil.

Originally Posted By: fito
Lucas does NOTHING for your engine. I used it for a long time and finally figured out that it was just plain stupid to add it to my oil.

How did you finally figured it out? Did you do UOAs of before and after Lucas usage? Did you use two identical cars one with and one without Lucas? Or did you just look at the VOA and assume that it did nothing?

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic

How did you finally figured it out? Did you do UOAs of before and after Lucas usage? Did you use two identical cars one with and one without Lucas? Or did you just look at the VOA and assume that it did nothing?

I used to use Lucas as well, but not anymore. I didn't stop using it because it was proven to be bad. For me personally, after using the stuff, my car would still leak/burn oil and ran the same as before.

I put it in our 2000 Corolla because it burns oil. I dumped it soon because at cold starts, the car would make a pretty awful noise for a minute or two. In my old F100, it ran perfectly fine, but still burned and leaked the same amount of oil.

Nothing scientific of course, I just don't see any benefit of LOS, unless you're burning massive amounts of oil. I worked at Checker for a while, had a guy come in w/ a 1999 Dodge Ram. He said on a trip from Phoenix to Texas, the truck burned a case of oil
shocked2.gif
. After buying some Lucas, he came in later and said the truck was burning considerably less. So I guess in some cases such as this, it may prolong an engine's demise.

Just my two cents.

What's your proof...?
My reasons are, every engine I use it in spins faster at cold start+, trany in Harley is much quieter when shifting+, eliminated smoking in a old lawn mower+, after extended hard runing w/my Jet Boat, the oil psi maintains better pressure +

I remember at one time everyone put down STP saying it was usless cr*p...now they praise it because of the Zinc it always offered.

Also, with years of using Lucas in my Diesel PU 198,000 miles I changed valve cover gaskets...it looked like new inside >look at all that foam > NOT!
Picture304.jpg

HammerDown, Break out the nice place settings. You could serve dinner on those rocker arms! Nothing beats real world field testing.
Thanks for the photos.

[quote=fito

I did a VOA on LOS and a before and after in my 06 CTD, can honestly say I saw no issues, improvements or images of Jesus in my oil pan. I used it for years and had no issues, just quit adding when I saw the light BIOTG was shining down on my oil soaked soul and I became a believer, I horded oil, secretly read threads into the late night...or something like that!

Use it if you want, or don't...my $.02

Originally Posted By: Shup1

I did a VOA on LOS and a before and after in my 06 CTD, can honestly say I saw no issues, improvements or images of Jesus in my oil pan. I used it for years and had no issues...

Sounds like you got your money worth out of the LOS.

Originally Posted By: Shup1

I did a VOA on LOS and a before and after in my 06 CTD, can honestly say I saw no issues, improvements or images of Jesus in my oil pan. I used it for years and had no issues...

Sounds like you got your money worth out of the LOS.

Maybe...Maybe not?? I really do not know what I got, I just felt that I used it long enough and I decided that for what I saw it really wasn't cost effective...Again do what you want, your name is on the payment book and no one else's opinion really matters but yours!

Bingo...I would not buy it ever again...MMO can do the same thing and 30% cheaper.

So your valvetrain is clean.
shocked2.gif
What specifically does that have to do with Lucas??
21.gif
I would assume there is a good HDEO oil you are using that is responsible for that. Nothing new or impressive here. Take a good synthetic or Dino these days in a well taken car of piece of equipment and this syrup is never nessesary.

Now in a old beater, hey why not. I prefer hyper lube as Lucas is all advertising from my experiences with it.

I could care less for Lucas oil and their products, most which simply thicken the fluids that you are using.

But, I silenced many noisy components, stopped many leaks,.... with Lucas.

Nice picture Hammerdown.

Many people are afraid to change 'weights' for their vehicles, quoting useless factory owner's manuals. The pint of Lucas will thicken up the fluid while the 'scared by the OE manual' owner is still using the 'required' weight.

Originally Posted By: HammerDown
fito said:
Also, with years of using Lucas in my Diesel PU 198,000 miles I changed valve cover gaskets...it looked like new inside >look at all that foam > NOT!
Picture304.jpg

I don't have experience with the insides of diesel engines with 2oo k miles, but if that was a gas motor I would say it does not have 198k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back